Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 12:29:28 PM EDT
Does anyone know the routes they'll be riding?  
I'd like to take my son, load up a few ice chests of water bottles, park along the route and offer them to these guys and gals.

For those who don't know, the Wounded Warrior Project is doing a three-day bike ride for recovering Veterans here in the valley.  AJ, PV, Scottsdale, and Phoenix are the cities they'll ride through, but I don't know the specific route they're taking.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
In for more info such as dates and any other pertinent info pertaining to participants for the ride. Email works best.

ETA: Upon my own research, i realized it is an actual bike ride and not a motorcycle ride.

Matt
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Look into wounded warrior a little bit.  You might be surprised as to how much money goes to 'advertising' and executive compensation, and how much gets to the wounded warriors...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look into wounded warrior a little bit.  You might be surprised as to how much money goes to 'advertising' and executive compensation, and how much gets to the wounded warriors...
View Quote

THIS

I'll never support their activities (fundraisers) as long as I can avoid it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

THIS

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

Also, wasn't there some brew-up because they were outed as anti-gun? Something about not authorizing fundraisers that had anything to do with shooting or firearms?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Also, wasn't there some brew-up because they were outed as anti-gun? Something about not authorizing fundraisers that had anything to do with shooting or firearms?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS

Yes, they changed their policies a while ago to not associate with or advocate any firearms related products, alcohol, or tobacco.

Also, they spend more money paying themselves than the veterans so fuck them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck the WWP, I stopped giving them money.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I would love to attend, but... I'm not that great of a cyclist.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#8]
According to this:
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=12842#.VEqiJfnF-So

They don't seem to be that bad... objections to their anti-gun stance aside.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#9]
They took my brother on a hunt, soooooo. They can't be that anti gun!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They took my brother on a hunt, soooooo. They can't be that anti gun!
View Quote

When was this? Thry changed their policy probably within the last year or two.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Fellas, fellas.  The WWP has agendas, I get that.  And no, I don't agree with everything they do from an operational/management standpoint.  I do very much appreciate that hurting Veterans are getting help.  

My motivation was to offer cold bottles of water to the guys and gals riding; to the Veterans themselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top