Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 10:42:23 AM EDT
Good morning all! I find myself in need of a good neurosurgeon in Tucson. (I'm in SV.)

I have a stable C4 fracture, tingly left hand.

Would like to get in for an appointment ASAP, so LaChoia (SP) is out. (Thier chief surgeon approved all cases and he is on vacation for a week and a half, so an appt would be two weeks out minimum.)

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
My first thought would be Schroeder, but let me check with the wife.  She was a neuro or nurse.

ETA: Wife reccomends Schroeder, Sipos or Scully.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Sipos has a very good reputation
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good morning all! I find myself in need of a good neurosurgeon in Tucson. (I'm in SV.)

I have a stable C4 fracture, tingly left hand.

Would like to get in for an appointment ASAP, so LaChoia (SP) is out. (Thier chief surgeon approved all cases and he is on vacation for a week and a half, so an appt would be two weeks out minimum.)  
View Quote

Good luck. I'm needing c5-6-7 fusion myself. It's a difficult choice, make sure you have a great support system; you'll be super limited on what you can do after surgery.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#4]
THanks gentlemen.

I don't even know if I need surgery yet. I haven't been able to find one with less than a 2 week lead time on appointments. I do have a new patient appt with a local GP tomorrow, so I'm hoping that is more effective than my appt with urgent care here.,
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to Barrows Institute in Phoenix at St.Josephs.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Make the drive. World renowned neuros there, sister in law just had an extremely successful brain surgery. The docs were great, staff were fantastic, they couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This. Make the drive. World renowned neuros there, sister in law just had an extremely successful brain surgery. The docs were great, staff were fantastic, they couldn't be happier.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I honestly don't know if I can physically make the 3.5 to 4 hour drive each way on my own right now. I'm starting to notice my fine motor skills are lacking a little bit with some amazing alternating tingling and shooting pain down into my left middle finger. Wife has to stay local to take kids to and from school.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:17:04 AM EDT
[#8]
While not neuro surgery...my wife has a chronic neurological disorder (MS)...we travel all over the state (and would GLADLY go further if needed) for the best care we can get. She is now almost blind and requires assistance to get anywhere outside of about 5 miles in optimum conditions, she sees stuff but no clarity kinda like during a rain storm for normal vision. Sometimes the kids miss a day of school...other times friends and family can shuttle you or your kids. I know asking for help is tough, accepting it can be even tougher. People (even acquaintances) will gladly and willingly help. Get the best care you can get...going in for subprime care resulting in partial (or worst case debilitating) results is much worse in the long run.
I commend you and your family trying to keep things as normal as possible and maintain your children schedule for education...but man they need you in top condition. think the Barrow institute or similar if you can swing it at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top