Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2014 12:17:28 AM EDT
I am in the market for a new Lower.

I was leaning towards an Aero lower w/ parts kit, but a friend told me to check out Palmetto State Armory.  They have a complete lower (parts / tube / stock) for about the same price as the Aero w/ just parts.

Never really had much experience with PSA.  

Any one of these better than the other?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:36:20 AM EDT
[#1]
For the most part, a lower is a lower.

Pick the brand or rollmark that you prefer.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:39:01 AM EDT
[#2]
biggest downside to PSA...shipping can be anywhere from a few days to a few months. They don't know which and won't tell you either. I only buy shit from them when i don't care when it arrives.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:48:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out Quentin Defense.

They put out a damn nice forged lower
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#4]
For the most part, like it was said, a lower is a lower.  I've purchased PSA stuff and besides ridiculous wait times, they are fine.  Quinten Defense is local and forgred.  I have 2 of their lower im waiting to do something with.  If you just want to spend as least as possible and are not in a hurry, go PSA.  but after shipping/FFL fee you can prob just go pick up a QD lower locally.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep your money in AZ and go with a AZ company like Quenten Defense.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, I'll take a look at Quentin Defense.  I want to do a AR Pistol build here soon and started my search for a lower.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Sun Devil Manufacturing is worth a look, I did a build using their integral trigger guard lower and was pleased with it.
They also feature the spring loaded plunger that keeps the upper tight.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out Quentin Defense.

They put out a damn nice forged lower
View Quote

Either them or Sionics in Tucson.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#9]

I understand wanting to keep your business/money in AZ, but why would someone pay $85 for a stripped lower from Quentin Defense when the general consensus in this thread is that they are all about the same?

PSA has lowers for $60 or so, and Shooter's Vault on Greenway has Anderson Mfg lowers for $60 too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Keep your money in AZ and go with a AZ company like Quenten Defense.
View Quote
This.

Sun Devil and San Tan also.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I understand wanting to keep your business/money in AZ, but why would someone pay $85 for a stripped lower from Quentin Defense when the general consensus in this thread is that they are all about the same?

PSA has lowers for $60 or so, and Shooter's Vault on Greenway has Anderson Mfg lowers for $60 too.
View Quote

$60 + shipping + transfer fee = might as well buy local

ETA Missed the Anderson portion of your post, but fuck PSA either way.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Another local manufacturer to check is American Spirit.  They want $100 for their lower tho

AMA

Just got an email from Primary Arms that they have Anderson lowers for $39.99.  Not sure how long they will be in stock for though.  PA ships ridiculously fast too. The guy I use to do transfers only charges $15 (In NE Scottsdale)

Primary Arms
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:41:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Arizona Armory  is right in downtown Phoenix.  Can't say enough nice things about them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Another local manufacturer to check is American Spirit.  They want $100 for their lower tho

AMA

Just got an email from Primary Arms that they have Anderson lowers for $39.99.  Not sure how long they will be in stock for though.  PA ships ridiculously fast too. The guy I use to do transfers only charges $15 (In NE Scottsdale)

Primary Arms
View Quote

It's a 100 bucks, but its a damn fine looking lower.
I only say that cause I bought one at their open house, and its Perrty!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

I have numerous lowers from them (Quentin) as well as plenty of Andersons. Quentin seems to have a tighter fit with various uppers including some of the cheap (but decent) ones from PSA. The fit and finish on the Quentin is top notch. And, I love their bolt release retainer instead of pounding the roll pin in and worrying about scratching the lower. In addition, being milled, the Quentin's trigger area is nice and open.

In the end, every aluminum lower has functioned 100%.....  

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Money spent in AZ goes to AZ. I think (to me anyways) its worth spending the extra little bit. You might still have to pay more for a lower in AZ than you would after shipping and transfer fee, but its not much more.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok, so if I buy a Lower to use as a Pistol Build, I know it has to be registered as a PISTOL.  

Do I just make sure my FFL marks the proper paperwork when we do the transfer?

I am looking at the AERO Blem lower for $55
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ok, so if I buy a Lower to use as a Pistol Build, I know it has to be registered as a PISTOL.  

View Quote

Every lower I've bought has been transferred as an "Other" since it is neither a pistol or rifle at that point.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Every lower I've bought has been transferred as an "Other" since it is neither a pistol or rifle at that point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That;s what I thought, but just wanted to make sure.  AERO has blem's for $55 and Pistol marked lowers for $105.  I didn't think it had to be marked Pistol, just transferred as such or as Other.

But I wanted to make sure!  

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:03:21 AM EDT
[#20]
in AZ you are correct...IIRC certain states require it to be labeled "pistol" which is where this all came from. Even if labeled pistol it STILL transfers as other on the 4473
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#21]
My new AR should be here today and I will be ordering a Lower for a AR Pistol build later this week.

This is going to get expensive!  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This is going to get expensive!  
View Quote

Get used to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top