BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If the need for a chainsaw arises again, I will be down in Phx on Thurs and Sat and I have a brand new Stihl.
View Quote
I have beeneaning to go out and cut some iron wood for projects. Can I borrow your new chain saw?

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny you should mention...

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#3]
forecasting rain through Thursday at least.
Hope we can get a dry weekend.
Want to detail my car to show it at mopar night at a crise-in car show Saturday evening.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Want to detail my car to show it at mopar night at a crise-in car show Saturday evening.
View Quote

Wash it tomorrow, we need the rain.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
We just had the roof looked at today to have any leaks from the last storm patched up.

The cicadas were buzzing outside my window a couple of hours ago.

This might be a big one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:50:42 PM EDT
[#6]
shit... i need more sandbags again. They just repaired the road this past weekend, thank GOD i didn't sell my Jeep
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:53:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Whatcha got?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have beeneaning to go out and cut some iron wood for projects. Can I borrow your new chain saw?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the need for a chainsaw arises again, I will be down in Phx on Thurs and Sat and I have a brand new Stihl.

You can send it my way with the remote control boat.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Whatcha got?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatcha got?

2013 challenger R/T classic in plum crazy purple with a few minor mods.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
shit... i need more sandbags again. They just repaired the road this past weekend, thank GOD i didn't sell my Jeep
View Quote

Fire station in QC has some, by the dog park...... Not sure what OUR county is giving out, but probably nothing....
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#11]
yeah..i will be picking some up tomorrow. I have to drive to Temoe 1st thing so will have lots of pass by locations to get something. I "should" not need them again, but my house is ADA so i don't have risers off the patio/porch. If it breeches it is going to be wet
We did okay on the last storm but it was close enough i need to do more just incase the worst happens
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatcha got?

Sweet!  2011 R/T in Toxic Orange!  Ive done mopar night twice a year or two ago, but have been busy a lot lately.

Mid next year I am going to get a 2015 R/T Scat Pack Shaker 392 in Sublime.  Gotta pay for the wedding right now, and fiance is getting her new car first.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#13]
So the consensus is this one will be worst than the last? If so, I need to get out in the yard and start digging a trench to route water away from the house... Last week was might on the border of damaging flooding.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:17:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Are you guys to the South getting anything? Scottsdale looking South I am seeing some flashes.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:37:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Clear skies in Chandler
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:46:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Clear skies in Chandler
View Quote

Clear skies here as well. I am seeing lightning to the south.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:05:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Clear skies in Chandler
View Quote

Very overcast in Sierra Vista
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:46:46 AM EDT
[#18]
I am in Southeast Gilbert and dry all night. Fair amount of cloud to cloud lightning. Hope this storm isn't too bad I just got all my hay delivered for the next 6 months yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

So the consensus is this one will be worst than the last?

View Quote

... I don't think so, that last freak was a once-in-100-years storm

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think thebig problem is that it wont takenearly asuch rain forthe same flooding this time since the ground is water logged still.  if it rqins the same or close to it we could get worse results.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm betting it will be a fizzle
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Bright and sunny with blue skies up here in Prescott, not a drop of rain fell where I am.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I think it's too early yet. Thursday should tell.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
yeah..i will be picking some up tomorrow. I have to drive to Temoe 1st thing so will have lots of pass by locations to get something. I "should" not need them again, but my house is ADA so i don't have risers off the patio/porch. If it breeches it is going to be wet
We did okay on the last storm but it was close enough i need to do more just incase the worst happens
View Quote

Public works bldg @ hunt / AZ farms has some.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Cloudy and gloomy on the way in, today. Sun is out. We'll see.

(off to Amazon to find that sandbag-filling tool.) (no, not a shovel.)
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I didn't think it was supposed to hit until tonight.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I didnt see any indication of flooding where I live last week. Should I be worried this week? I live near mountainview and Peoria ave
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like its about to dump up here in chino valley. I'm headed back before I get stuck here.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoting myself, for the likely win!

Now they're not even showing but a tiny chance of rain Thursday and only a 50% chance tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Now they're not even showing but a tiny chance of rain Thursday and only a 50% chance tomorrow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Traffic cones make great funnels. Just cut some of the top off. We made a "High Production"  sand bag filler system by nailing four of them to a couple of parallel 2X4s supported by two 55 gallon drums. Someone hold the bag under the funnel and someone else dumps sand in with a shovel.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Traffic cones make great funnels. Just cut some of the top off. We made a "High Production"  sand bag filler system by nailing four of them to a couple of parallel 2X4s supported by two 55 gallon drums. Someone hold the bag under the funnel and someone else dumps sand in with a shovel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This works great. One of the many uses for traffic cones.......that same setup works very good for butchering chickens so you don't have to chase them afterward.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:30:10 PM EDT
[#33]
got a good sprinkle for about 20 mins here in Avondale.  now nothing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:23:04 AM EDT
[#34]
This storm is/was so slow moving, as it loses its energy over land its mostly going to be lots of gentle rain... looking at the radar its just gonna be rainy and not any gully smashers... which is a great benefit to all those retention basins completely saturated STILL.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#35]
This is shaping up to be the biggest storm we have had since the srorm of the century.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#37]
anyone getting anything?  I saw eastside is going to get something but Im out in avondale and I dont see how this storm is suppose to be as BIG as they say.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Getting hammered at 20th st & camelback.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#39]
damn eastsiders always get all the rain
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#40]
NOTHING at Cactus and Cave Creek
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#41]
well, i finally got some rain (115th ave / buckeye).  Came down real good for about 5 mins, then it was a light sprinkle for about 10 mins then done.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Light rain in Tucson/Vail this morning, overcast now, worst is yet to come (as per forecasters), integrity of bridges being called into question, media saying storm will be worse than the storm in 1983 that killed 14 people in Tucson (I was young but remember it well).  We'll see if all the hype is justified, or just a way to get people to stop being stupid after the deaths last week in the washes.

Either way I'm glad I'm off today.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Light rain in Tucson/Vail this morning, overcast now, worst is yet to come (as per forecasters), integrity of bridges being called into question, media saying storm will be worse than the storm in 1983 that killed 14 people in Tucson (I was young but remember it well).  We'll see if all the hype is justified, or just a way to get people to stop being stupid after the deaths last week in the washes.

View Quote

They're just so afraid of being as wrong as they were last week so they went hell bent the other way claiming this would be the storm of the Millenium.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#44]
IT was Pouring rain @ 12:00pm today @ BASSPRO.  Was down there to meet and sell a shotgun.  We had to sit in our vehicles for 15 min b4 it let up enough to get out so we could inspect and and sell.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They're just so afraid of being as wrong as they were last week so they went hell bent the other way claiming this would be the storm of the Millenium.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I have noticed that some of the worst weather we have ever had was never in the forecasts.  It is one of the dynamics of living in Arizona.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tend to think that also but better safe than sorry.  The teenager is now home for the day, and the old lady is only 20 minutes away at work, however she has some of the most prone-to-flooding areas to get through to get home.  She's no dummy however and will stay put for as long as needed, should the washes swell.  She works next to a nice eatery, so a post-work steak and a beer with a work pal will certainly help convince her to wait it out!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Rained a tad at my house last night, nada today though..
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Got some heavy rain between Tucson and Ajo earlier.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#49]
It has rained 2.5 inches at my house way south of Sierra Vista.  And, it looks like it will be raining for another 2 to 3 hours.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#50]
All clear here in Scottsdale. I can see stars.

Some steady light rain earlier today.

Beautiful sunset this evening.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top