Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 5:14:45 PM EDT
Well, I've got my in-laws in town right now, and we were at Bass Pro earlier today.

I ran over to Toby Keith's to get my wife and her mother, and while I'm over there, my father in law ended up purchasing 150 rounds of 38 S&W for his 38 Special.

Needless to say, we can't return it, don't need it, and never will. I have been told to just do what I please with it.

Any locals that can put it to good use? No charge if so.

Here's the specific ammo it is:

Click
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Well, I've got my in-laws in town right now, and we were at Bass Pro earlier today.

I ran over to Toby Keith's to get my wife and her mother, and while I'm over there, my father in law ended up purchasing 150 rounds of 38 S&W for his 38 Special.

Needless to say, we can't return it, don't need it, and never will. I have been told to just do what I please with it.

Any locals that can put it to good use? No charge if so.

Here's the specific ammo it is:

Click
View Quote
If you're a reloader, you can pull the bullets, trim the brass to get it to fit a normal .38 SPC or .357 Magnum but FYI, it's a .360 bullet so be prepared for a lot of leading if you go that route.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Put it up on the EE or backpage.

Someone will buy it....
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
U mean like one of these?

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
BikerScout beat me to it.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I'd be happy to toss the ammo either of your ways if you're remotely in my area.

I live around the old town Scottsdale area.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#6]
NVGdude, go ahead.
I had to get mine after watching 'Zulu'.  I think they used .455 Webley, all I could find was a Enfield no.2 mkI .38 S&W.  I got a good price on it that I could't refuse.  forty Bucks, the guy  thought he bought a .38 Special.  and was trying to put .38 specials in it.  I asked him what he paid and he said fifty bucks.  I offered him Forty.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd be a fool not to take that offer.  I work in Tempe, so I can come up after work sometime next week.  Let me look through my misc stuff, I might have a box of factory .38 special somewhere if your FIL is still in town.

This is the reason I took this educational picture:

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:23:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds good.

Just shoot me a PM or email a day or so in advance of when you may be heading in my direction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top