Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 7:43:26 AM EDT
What stores do you know for a fact sell suppressors?

The two that I know for sure, are Pistol Parlour and Merchant Firearms
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen some at Caswells in the past. Quentin may stock a few as well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Ted's shooting range is supposed to start carrying some last time I spoke with owner but that was when I sent my Trust and Form 4 off back in March. Don't know if she got any in yet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ted's shooting range is supposed to start carrying some last time I spoke with owner but that was when I sent my Trust and Form 4 off back in March. Don't know if she got any in yet.
View Quote

I feel like I would be hesitant about buying from a new suppressor dealer.. I wonder if the knew the ins and outs like a dealer who's been selling them for years. What do you think?  I'll check them and caswells out none the less, but still
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I feel like I would be hesitant about buying from a new suppressor dealer.. I wonder if the knew the ins and outs like a dealer who's been selling them for years. What do you think?  I'll check them and caswells out none the less, but still
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd buy from Ted's 100 times before I bought from Caswells-just my opinion though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Scottsdale Gun Club, US Autoweapons, Bear Arms, Guns Etc, AZEX, Arizona Gun Exchange, Mr. Silencer, Caswells, Quentin Defense and I believe AJI, now too.

All these guys are Class 3.  Pistol Parlour prices are the best, though, except when US Autoweapons has reduction sales.  My opinion.

Class 3 isn't brain surgery, it's just filling out forms.   I've bought from a few of these places.  The only guys I really like are Pistol Parlour, Quentin Defense and AJI.  All these guys do a good job.  Actaully Derrick at AZEX is a pretty decent guy, too, I just don't make it out to Queen Creek much.  

Pistol Parlour has been around for 30 years and Logan has his shit together.  Jeff at AJI is a good dude (although all his good stuff is on Gunbroker these days) so he's not helping the local community like he once was (but he's making more dough now).  Don't know when the whole buy local, sell nationally will explode in his face (maybe never).  Chris at Quentin is just good people and he actually manufacturers guns.  Hopefully, he'll start home growing his own suppressors soon.  That would be tremendous.  

I have small issues with the rest of them and I've purchased from them all (not necessarily class 3).
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'd buy from Ted's 100 times before I bought from Caswells-just my opinion though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Noted.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Scottsdale Gun Club, US Autoweapons, Bear Arms, Guns Etc, AZEX, Arizona Gun Exchange, Mr. Silencer, Caswells, Quentin Defense and I believe AJI, now too.

All these guys are Class 3.  Pistol Parlour prices are the best, though, except when US Autoweapons has reduction sales.  My opinion.
View Quote

Yeah, pistol parlour did have some on par prices with their cans. Just had a small selection as far as what I wanted. I'm looking for a saker 762 specifically. But I did notice they had a specwar 556
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, pistol parlour did have some on par prices with their cans. Just had a small selection as far as what I wanted. I'm looking for a saker 762 specifically. But I did notice they had a specwar 556
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Specwars are the quietest cans out there in my opinion, just super heavy.  In fact, there was a guy shooting .223 through a specwar 7.62 at Mr. Silencers Rio Salado day and it was still amazing quiet.  If I were to get one can, it would be the specwar 7.62 and then you could shoot .223, 6.8 SPC, 7.62 and Blackout through it.

No one has a gonzo selection of suppressors, just not economically feasible.  Even the guys you think could like SGC and US Autoweapons have lessoned their inventory because the market is soft right now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:28:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I but everything from Silencer Shop...I've never seen anyone beat their prices, no sales tax, and they ship for free.  I have Quentin Defense do my transfers (it's only $45 for Class 3 vs. $75+ at other places), so I still get to support a local shop

Between the prices at Silencer Shop and not paying sales tax I probably save $100 to $200 on each can.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:08:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I but everything from Silencer Shop...I've never seen anyone beat their prices, no sales tax, and they ship for free.  I have Quentin Defense do my transfers (it's only $45 for Class 3 vs. $75+ at other places), so I still get to support a local shop

Between the prices at Silencer Shop and not paying sales tax I probably save $100 to $200 on each can.
View Quote

Yeah, I've been looking at that option. But getting raped with the nfa transfer fees sucks.

$45 isn't all that bad.    So far this has been my number one option
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:09:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Specwars are the quietest cans out there in my opinion, just super heavy.  In fact, there was a guy shooting .223 through a specwar 7.62 at Mr. Silencers Rio Salado day and it was still amazing quiet.  If I were to get one can, it would be the specwar 7.62 and then you could shoot .223, 6.8 SPC, 7.62 and Blackout through it.

No one has a gonzo selection of suppressors, just not economically feasible.  Even the guys you think could like SGC and US Autoweapons have lessoned their inventory because the market is soft right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that's what I'm wanting to do. Get a 762 can for your listed reasons.  It's a toss up between the saker 762  & the specwar 762
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:16:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Count me in as a big Silencer Shop fan.

I've purchased every one of my cans from them. Not going to be cheaper anywhere else.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:43:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've purchased every one of my cans from them. Not going to be cheaper anywhere else.
View Quote

Where do you do your transfers and how much is it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:49:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scottsdale Gun Club.

$75 per NFA item, but well worth it IMO. Erica handles all of their NFA stuff, and she's very easy to deal with, and really knows what she's doing.

I like efficiency when it comes to NFA stuff, and you don't lose any extra time waiting with them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:54:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Scottsdale Gun Club.

$75 per NFA item, but well worth it IMO. Erica handles all of their NFA stuff, and she's very easy to deal with, and really knows what she's doing.

I like efficiency when it comes to NFA stuff, and you don't lose any extra time waiting with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scottsdale Gun Club.

$75 and it's on the other side of town. Might stick with Quentin. It's just a few miles away
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:36:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I stopped in Quentin today for the first time. I didn't even know they carried suppressors until the guy working mentioned it. I've been eyeing an AAC mini 4 and sure enough they had one. Price was below what Silencer Shop sells them for so I had to buy it. If I was going to buy another I would definitely check them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:52:45 AM EDT
[#18]
What was the Quentin Defense price on the AAC Mini 4?

I have two of them myself. One already in my possession, and one pending. Got both from Silencer Shop. The most recent for $499 shipped.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:51:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have two of them myself. One already in my possession, and one pending. Got both from Silencer Shop. The most recent for $499 shipped.
View Quote

Do you not know how to use the Internet?

Link
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:53:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Link
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Link
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Well, considering that the listed price on the Quentin Defense site for the AAC Mini 4 is more than the listed price on Silencer Shop's site...it's pretty clear as to why I asked what he paid being that he said Quentin Defense had it for less.

Thanks for teaching me all about this thing called the Internet though.

Whatever your problem is...
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I've done a lot of transfers through Quentin-including NFA. I've referred a few people there who got pissed because of their hours or the fact that they aren't exactly easy to get in touch with. I have never had an issue with them, but when I need something I go there in person. It's close to me and not an issue. If you are not nearby and want instantaneous communication, it may not be the best shop for you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Well, considering that the listed price on the Quentin Defense site for the AAC Mini 4 is more than the listed price on Silencer Shop's site...it's pretty clear as to why I asked what he paid being that he said Quentin Defense had it for less.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Your post was unlcear as to whom you were asking, as you did not quote anyone (coltc?), and you did not ask what he paid for it, but "What was the Quentin Defense price." Hence the link to Quentin Defense.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Please remember that the majority of popular suppressor manufacturers have RPM (resale price maintenance - price fixing) agreements with their dealers.  Dealers can not advertise or sale the cans for less than they've agreed to (unless the manufacturer allows it).  The reason you can't find Glocks for varying prices is because Glock is a huge price fixer.  Same with Surefire.

So, if you find a suppressor for a better price, it's because that particular manufacturer doesn't have an RPM or someone is breaking the rules (which happens if they can get away with it).
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Scottsdale Gun Club.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scottsdale Gun Club.

Was SGC using E-file when it was up earlier this year???
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

It was $699. Then I guess I would get a $200 AAC store credit as well. How did you get one for $499 from SS? The price now is $756. Or is the $499 with the $200 credit applied?

How do you like it? I guess they are pretty good if you are getting two of them. I have a SDN6 but wanted a 556 can for my 10.5" sbr and couldn't see getting the m42k when then SDN6 would do just about the same thing.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scottsdale Gun Club.

Yes. SGC was an early adopter of eForm. The third can they transferred for me was just a week or so after the eForm site launched, and they were already up and running on it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It was $699. Then I guess I would get a $200 AAC store credit as well. How did you get one for $499 from SS? The price now is $756. Or is the $499 with the $200 credit applied?

How do you like it? I guess they are pretty good if you are getting two of them. I have a SDN6 but wanted a 556 can for my 10.5" sbr and couldn't see getting the m42k when then SDN6 would do just about the same thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

I paid $499 shipped, and I also have the $200 AAC rebate as well. Kentucky Gun Co was running a suppressor sale, had Mini 4s for $499, and Silencer Shop matched it.

Silencer Shop has also been pretty good about making deals via email as well. I haven't paid the listed price on their site for any of the cans I've purchased through them.

Though even at the listed price on their site right now, that's also tax free. They'd still be a tad cheaper unless Quentin does NFA transfers for free if you purchase the item from them. Either way, that's not a bad deal to grab one locally.

And yes, I'm a huge fan of the Mini 4. I'm pondering getting a third one even.

It's really compact, but still very effective at sound suppression.

But I'll say, it's not no hearing pro safe on either of my 10.3" rifles. I run an M4-2000 on my 10.3s.

It is however pretty much no hearing pro safe on my 11.5s though.

And it's really effective on 14.5s with longer/softer gas systems. I had read something about the Mini 4 being nearly as effective as an M4-2000 on 14.5" mids and what not prior to purchasing my first one. I have long put that to the test, and have found it to be quite true.

I have a few 14.5s in particular I run a Mini 4 on that are so quiet I can't even tell a slight difference when I run them with an M4-2000 in comparison.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll add that I agree with your logic regarding the M4-2000 and SDN-6 in regards to performance.

But I own both, and the size difference between the two is pretty extreme when it comes to SBRs in particular.

That SDN-6, while shorter than most full sized 30 cal cans, is still a lot of length to add to the end of an SBR.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Cool. I thought about picking up a m42k at some point but figured the next logical step was the mini 4. Pretty sure I'm going to grab a PS90 and SBR that soon and I figured the mini 4 would be pretty good on that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Class 3 isn't brain surgery, it's just filling out forms.   I've bought from a few of these places.  The only guys I really like are Pistol Parlour, Quentin Defense and AJI.  All these guys do a good job.  Actaully Derrick at AZEX is a pretty decent guy, too, I just don't make it out to Queen Creek much.  

Pistol Parlour has been around for 30 years and Logan has his shit together.  Jeff at AJI is a good dude (although all his good stuff is on Gunbroker these days) so he's not helping the local community like he once was (but he's making more dough now).  Don't know when the whole buy local, sell nationally will explode in his face (maybe never).  Chris at Quentin is just good people and he actually manufacturers guns.  Hopefully, he'll start home growing his own suppressors soon.  That would be tremendous.  

I have small issues with the rest of them and I've purchased from them all (not necessarily class 3).
View Quote

Do any/all these guys e-file now that the system is working OK again?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you talking about the form 4 E file?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#33]
EForm 4s have been down for quite some time, unfortunately.

EForm 1s are what have been up, and are screaming fast right now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, that's what I thought. I was hoping I missed something overnight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top