Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2014 3:03:16 AM EDT
Ok, I've got a hankering to make an AR pistol on the cheap. For some reason this hankering began after discovering the ATF letter regarding the Sig brace.
I'm fixing to pick up a stripped lower, or preferably a receiver set, and I'd like to do it before I change my mind about the whole thing.
Any LOCAL deals going on? What's the best price going around for lowers or sets?

Don't mind a drive but lot looking to go out to TUS or FLG.
Any ideas?

(PS, not looking for any of the plastic lowers .... Just not my thing)
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the same hankering.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-ar-15-complete-classic-pistol-lower-no-magazine-black.html?utm_source=Blemished+Hammer+Forged+Upper+%24359.99%2C+Pistol+AR-15+Lower+%26+More&utm_campaign=Constant+Contact&utm_medium=email
This is by far the best deal I could find.
Of Course, AFTER I bought MINE!
With free shipping if you order before thursday.
Check out their daily deals, and occasionaly they will have the upper for 39 bucks.

I had alot more money before I found this website.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure Quentin Defense has lowers for like $65 still
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty sure Quentin Defense has lowers for like $65 still
View Quote

Yep

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#4]
The guys at Quentin are good dudes.  I haven't been in there for a bit as I have gotten into my other hobbies.  But these guys have always provided excellent service and goods.  I definitely recommend them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The guys at Quentin are good dudes.  I haven't been in there for a bit as I have gotten into my other hobbies.  But these guys have always provided excellent service and goods.  I definitely recommend them.
View Quote

Having never been there... is this a walk-in shop, or a distributor that will open the doors if you call ahead?

Always terrible to discover the latter.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quentin actually manufactures their lower right there in Gilbert. They have a small retail space up front and a large work bay in the back. You can esee the large chunks of aluminium right next to the CNC machine. If you have closed toe shoes they'll give you a tour.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I been wanting to get a Quentin Defense lower since they have gone on sale. Just need time to make it over to their shop when they're open!
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:53:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quentin is in a light industrial unit with 80% of their space dedicated to running 6 multi axis cnc milling stations.  They aren't open on Monday and Tuesday for retail sales, otherwise their hours are fairly normal.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:59:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Good timing, I need an upper to go with the two lowers I just bought online.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:59:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Hah!
I've actually bought from Quentin in the past. I didn't even know they had mil-spec lowers, I've always bought their billet products.
I went in today  during my lunch break and picked up a set. But after scoping some of their colored receivers, I'm now envisioning my next project after I'm done with the current pistol build........ Thank Goodness for tolerant spouses.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 2:55:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought a couple of the Quentin billet lowers recently.  They're very nice.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Not sure... but I am selling an assembled Stag-Arms lower for $100, if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Any updates on current prices in the PHX area?
Schuyler in Tucson still has Aero lowers for $55, but I'd prefer more local to the Chandler/Gilbert/Mesa/Tempe area....

Mick
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#15]
QD lowers are full price again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top