Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2014 1:30:01 PM EDT
I have a 3x5 American flag that was flown over the capitol for a special occasion that I would like to display

I purchased a shadow box to put it in but I cant seem to fold the flag to where only the blue portion is visible and the stars line up. I have read online and watched so many youtube vidoes but still cant get it.

Is there somewhere in the valley I can take it to so I can fold it properly and display it.?

if people are curious about the capitol flag program, here
flag program
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Know any Boy Scouts?  They should be able to do it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Very few American Flags are made to the official 1-to-1.9 hoist-to-fly ratio. The typical 3X5 isn't. And therein lies your problem. You may need to "shorten" the flag by making a square fold before the triangle ones. I's going to take a LOT of trial and error.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
On a side note I keep a mini one folded in my pocket kept sealed in a plastic baggie

Was a bitch to fold but I'm surprised it's stayed relatively folded and that it actually did fold.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very few American Flags are made to the official 1-to-1.9 hoist-to-fly ratio. The typical 3X5 isn't. And therein lies your problem. You may need to "shorten" the flag by making a square fold before the triangle ones. I's going to take a LOT of trial and error.
View Quote

Yea that's what I'm thinking I have to do . Guess I'll have to get a case of beer and enlist the girlfriend to stand there and hold  it .
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Veterans cemetary.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Ask a local .mil member to you OP for help, or just find your nearest VFW Post and come in.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, this is spot on
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top