Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 5:47:29 PM EDT
Priorities... Arizona has them!  FREEEEEEEDOM!

Senate Bill 1397, nicknamed the "Liquor Omnibus" bill, goes into effect, allowing beer-fans to fill growlers that are made of glass, ceramics, stainless steel and other nonporous material.
View Quote

Filled em up at Wilderness at 12:02am!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait, what?

What was illegal about growlers?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait, what?

What was illegal about growlers?
View Quote

Was glass only.

Originally was just glass growlers only fillable by places with their name on it
Then it was anyone can fill anyones glass growler
Now it is anyone can fill any growler made out of any nonporous material.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Ridiculous.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ridiculous.
View Quote

Especially when the original growlers were basically buckets used by the miners.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
These regulations really affected my life.  Thank god our representatives took the time to change them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#6]
papago is a place I haven't tried yet
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Goddamn it.  I want my beer in porous containers.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
papago is a place I haven't tried yet
View Quote

Papago is great.  They are always in the top 100 in draft magazine for beer bars nation wide.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL  They all have big holes at the top that will pour us some beer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:29:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
These regulations really affected my life.  Thank god our representatives took the time to change them.
View Quote
Would you rather have them give us more freedom, or to try and take it away?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I just left Wilderness a few hours ago. I took advantage of the bday mug. Good times :)
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:42:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Interesting, I had no idea about the laws around that kind of thing until yesterday. Coincidentally I was chatting with a former co-worker who lives in TX now who is planning on opening some kind of growler bar. They basically sell you a growler full of beer for $5 and then you get discounted beer in their bar.

I guess GA has some stupid legislation around it too, but this place got around it by pre-packaging the growlers first so it counts as "original packaging" so they're then able to refill them.

Gotta love regulation stupidity.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn. What I would do for a growler of Kiltlifter right now.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#15]
For you craft beer guys. The Shell gas station on Gilbert/Warner has 30 tap handles for growler fills. Prices are pretty good, too.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#16]
What's the shelf life on growler beer?

Bought some at PBC a few years ago. I think the ride back to PHX spoiled it. Tasted funny and made you queasy. (The same beer on tap in Prescott did not)

Maybe lack of refrigeration fucked it? There was snow on the ground at the time.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Bought some at PBC a few years ago. I think the ride back to PHX spoiled it. Tasted funny and made you queasy. (The same beer on tap in Prescott did not)

Maybe lack of refrigeration fucked it? There was snow on the ground at the time.
View Quote

Could have been a bad batch?

I've bought several of the same beers before, and have come to find  inconsistencies within the batches.

St. Bernardus APT 12 comes to mind
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lack of Refrigeration could be a factor, but you had a pretty good altitude change there, too. It's just a threaded lid and some electrical tape, the pressure change coulda killed it, especially warm.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

For you craft beer guys. The Shell gas station on Gilbert/Warner has 30 tap handles for growler fills. Prices are pretty good, too.
View Quote

Quick 'n Shine - they have a Facebook page  Family owned GCM is right up the road too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd rather they spend my tax dollars concerning themselves with things that matter.  

YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd rather they spend my tax dollars concerning themselves with things that matter.  

YMMV.
View Quote

boiled down, this does matter to all the places that service growlers... which is a lot.  It is a pro business bill.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:56:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am the ultimate porous growler! You don't buy beer, you only rent it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#23]

"Growler"?

Sound like a giant burrito I once ate....
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"Growler"?

Sound like a giant burrito I once ate....
View Quote

You mean beerito? Mmmmm beeritooooos
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:51:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder how well they maintain the tap and lines...  dirty lines breed bacteria which is why sometimes draft beer can you give a wicked headache.  Gets worse if the tap for that beer is not often used.   Not thinking a gas station is the ideal place to buy draft beer.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I wonder how well they maintain the tap and lines...  dirty lines breed bacteria which is why sometimes draft beer can you give a wicked headache.  Gets worse if the tap for that beer is not often used.   Not thinking a gas station is the ideal place to buy draft beer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's probably fine if you mix it with a gas station hot dog.  The bacteria should fight it out leaving you safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top