Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2014 6:14:52 PM EDT
I got drawn for my 5th choice for deer. Fifth choice, I've never seen that before.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats.... at least you got drawn. I didn't get drawn for deer, but I did get turkey. Good luck on your hunt! Oh, and no fair bringing one of your shooting team kids along with you to "help" filling your tag.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
37A.  Hope this year is as successful as last.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:47:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Azjogol, any one of them could do a better job than me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't been on a hunt in a couple of years but I just don't get the system here in AZ. Is there a real shortage of game animals? I moved here from VA and grew up in MO. There was no "lottery" in either of those places, you just bought a tag and went on your hunt. I'd like to get back into hunting but wow, seems like such a pain in the ass. Please explain. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Tags are handed our according to population.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't been on a hunt in a couple of years but I just don't get the system here in AZ. Is there a real shortage of game animals? I moved here from VA and grew up in MO. There was no "lottery" in either of those places, you just bought a tag and went on your hunt. I'd like to get back into hunting but wow, seems like such a pain in the ass. Please explain. Thanks.
View Quote

I have a tag in Unit 22 and pictures of the 370" plus sneaky 1,000 lb herd bull I'm going to shoot.   Public land hunting with scarce resources is a bit different than whacking a few does for sausage.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

We live in a desert. The game is more scarce than in VA. If we didn't manage them they'd be gone in under 2 years. They can't reproduce with such ease like in the eastern states that actually get rain. It is a PITA, but its better than not being able to go at all.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't even do 4th or 5th choice.. I'll just sit on the tag for another year rather than suffer through a shitty hunt.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:03:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Applicant numbers must be really down to draw 4th or 5th choices. I've drawn 3rd before but that was a year they didn't fill out the draw. Lot's of left over tags that year so they allowed 2 deer tags. Filled both of them too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top