Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2014 6:01:12 PM EDT
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/arizona/politics/2014/04/22/brewer-vetoes-controversial-gun-bills/8029295/

"Gov. Jan Brewer has vetoed House Bill 2339, which allows guns in public buildings and events that do not provide security guards and metal detectors at each entrance. It does not apply to K-12 schools, community colleges or universities.

Brewer has twice before vetoed similar bills, in 2012 and 2011. She voiced concerns over the cost to local governments to meet the requirements needed to keep guns out as well as allowing guns in certain public buildings."
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
2517 and state preemption laws are jokes and only cater to voter's imaginations. I wish there was more concentrated effort to laws that can make a difference. I'm disappointed in losing 2339, however in reality it's a half measure as it only effects a small number of government buildings. Physical security is an illusion. How do metal detectors and security stop anyone from carrying a weapon if you simply carry your keys and phone above your head and the detectors go off anyway? (site University of Phoenix Stadium) Every time I disarm myself because of a metal detector I feel insulted at how incredibly easy it is to fool these untrained guards and useless metal detectors. I should be allowed to enter any establishment and say "I'll be attending armed today" just as any federal officer can tell the airline attendants that "they are flying armed today". Want a middle ground? My CWP shows I'm not a loonie, I'm not a felon and I'm certainly more knowledgeable in the law and use of deadly force than your average Joe. No more half measures
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, at least she's not running for another term. We keep making progress a little at a time.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, at least she's not running for another term. We keep making progress a little at a time.
View Quote

Unless a Dem is voted in, in which case progress grinds to a halt....or even goes backwards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top