Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I few pictures from an outing last fall.

Sedona

Lookout point at the top of Oak Creek Canyon

Meteor Crater

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent  pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I especially like the one in the building. Church?

Not sure but has a great feel to it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Looks like T'laquepaque to me

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Excellent  pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I especially like the one in the building. Church?

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. That's it. Some shops in Sedona.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Great job everyone.

I have no clue who hung it there. But if you go far enough in. You will find this.

I thought it really made a  interesting photo.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Now if you download a basc photo program like lets say Picasa. Not saying it's the best but it is free. You can tune a picture. That last one I mistakenly used a raw image and it's not bad.
I use the Nikon software but you do not even need to own one to use it. Lets lighten that up give it some contrast and remove some shadows.Just slide the arrows right or left. What do I get.

I will let you decide whitch image looks better. I saw it one way my camera another. I just brought the image back to what I had seen.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 6:08:16 AM EDT
[#7]
A different kind of sunset pic for Mauser1

Photobucket compressed the crap out of it...
And this months Dsport cover car.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 6:40:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice!! Kind of funny too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Now that's some interesting sh-t. So you actually got to climb in?

I like all pictures but the, This is what I got to see what most people don't. kind of shots are the best.

Hiking pictures are the same. There is no way you could see the whole state. If you went there share them.

Fuzzy grainy or colors not so strong. IM them to me. I will clean them up enhance some colors and send them back and then you can post them.

It's only a bad picture, if no one can see it.
View Quote

I have worked on that M-18 from time to time. Got loads of interior/crew compartment pics.

Will have some of the Chieftain and that M114 up ASAP. Helping a friend move right now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
NO GUNS
NO DOGS
NO WEAPONS
NO SMOKING

Fuck that shit, I turned around and went home. I brought my wife, son, and dog along to have a nice day, that doesn't include walking around Metro Center unarmed.

View Quote

Can't help with the dog, but the "no guns" one was inflicted by the national club so they could have some kind of liability insurance.

All that aside,  You're in Arizona. Drop it in a pocket or untuck your shirt.

I saw loads of people in the show with covered but badly printing pieces.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Can't help with the dog, but the "no guns" one was inflicted by the national club so they could have some kind of liability insurance.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NO GUNS
NO DOGS
NO WEAPONS
NO SMOKING

Fuck that shit, I turned around and went home. I brought my wife, son, and dog along to have a nice day, that doesn't include walking around Metro Center unarmed.

I wasn't about to leave my buddy locked in the car at metro center.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NO GUNS
NO DOGS
NO WEAPONS
NO SMOKING

No guns but live guns and DD's on display vehicles are fine?
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NO GUNS
NO DOGS
NO WEAPONS
NO SMOKING

Yep, and loads of gun ads in the related magazines. Makes no sense to me either, but that's" the excuse" I was given.

The dog bit I'm not sure where it stems from, and not sure how it could be enforced with just about everything from pigmy marmosets to blue whales being labelled as "service animals" and hence exempt from such rules.

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 2/4/2014 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Went to the military vehicle collators show today. Two day affair, some great stuff to see. I will hit some of the highlights then share some Derp.
70 and sunny a great day to get your USA on.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0968_zps7d152d9e.jpg
The back is open to see inside.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0972_zps8a4b4b89.jpg

Some bigger stuff than you would think would be there.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0962_zps4e06059e.jpg

This one the owner says just came back from doing a movie down by Sierra Vista.
Oh and it has a working gun.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0965_zps5ad7a09a.jpg
View Quote

Great pics!  If anyone wants to see the Hellcat's 90mm gun  being fired, just go on YouTube and plug in "Vice Big Sandy"  (it is a well done piece by a non-shooting hipster on an NFA shoot - I think he probably went ome & bought his 1st gun after that).  

You can also learn more about the military vehicle collectors at the message board on www.g503.com   It is amazing what collectors out there own.  

Link Posted: 2/4/2014 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Great pics!  If anyone wants to see the Hellcat's 90mm gun  being fired, just go on YouTube and plug in "Vice Big Sandy"  (it is a well done piece by a non-shooting hipster on an NFA shoot - I think he probably went ome & bought his 1st gun after that).  

You can also learn more about the military vehicle collectors at the message board on www.g503.com   It is amazing what collectors out there own.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went to the military vehicle collators show today. Two day affair, some great stuff to see. I will hit some of the highlights then share some Derp.
70 and sunny a great day to get your USA on.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0968_zps7d152d9e.jpg
The back is open to see inside.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0972_zps8a4b4b89.jpg

Some bigger stuff than you would think would be there.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0962_zps4e06059e.jpg

This one the owner says just came back from doing a movie down by Sierra Vista.
Oh and it has a working gun.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0965_zps5ad7a09a.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. I will check the links.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#17]
If you turn off at the wagon wheel road between Show Low and Lakeside/ Pinetop then take a short hike. You might find this spot.  You need to keep your eyes peeled.

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 8:31:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you turn off at the wagon wheel road between Show Low and Lakeside/ Pinetop then take a short hike. You might find this spot.  You need to keep your eyes peeled.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/PA130001_zps0290d824.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/PA130002_zps579106fa.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/PA130003_zpsce76618f.jpg
View Quote

Mine shaft?
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I want to know what's in there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I want to know what's in there.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#21]
So many possibilities!  

This stuff is worse than watching the X-files; suspense is killing me!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#22]
U.S. forest service marked lock. The large chain and huge loop held a much larger lock at one time. They seem to have went with this setup later. I have no clue how long this has been here.
The lid seems to have been set in place. It has lifting eyes. Was covered in a tar or tar paper surface of some sort.

More clues will be forthcoming. That blue anodised thing is my daughters walking stick. I use a wood one she likes the high tech aluminum.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mine shaft?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine shaft?

If there are mines nearby, I'm betting that's a storage magazine for explosives.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#24]
I am thinking Friday morning we will see what's inside. They really didn't want anyone in there. It was closed up until a couple of years ago.
With a big master lock It could be easily closed again. You would need a generator and a angle grinder or a torch and tanks to get it open.
That's a lot of crap to have to haul through the forest. It took a lot of work to build it where it stands.

Link Posted: 2/6/2014 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Inquiring Bears want to know!
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#26]
HOW long you gonna keep us hanging OP?
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like a seismograph station from the Cold War era.  There is one in Payson, very similar to this.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#28]
The wood lining suggests storage for explodey stuff.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#29]
might have to vist that when we go to pinetop this summer
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 6:46:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Well here we go. That post to the left used to have a sign that has been taken.

It said Explosives. Meplat got it first. When it was first opened up there were three Apache powder company boxes made of wood in there.
I moved one and they seemed to have something in them. So I left them alone. Next trip went out to take the photos and.

It's empty. The pipes are there to let fumes out and not let rain in. Wood lined and made to direct the blast upwards. Blow the lid off.
No mines around but I think they used it to get the power line poles in. But now you know.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Dang!  shit just got real.  Good to hear it turned out OK & thanks for the pics.

I guess I was hoping it was an entranceway to some underground , er, I don't know; just something.  I love threads on old mines & bunkers & stuff.  But cool nonetheless.

Thanks and great photography BTW.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 7:31:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Dang!  shit just got real.  Good to hear it turned out OK & thanks for the pics.

I guess I was hoping it was an entranceway to some underground , er, I don't know; just something.  I love threads on old mines & bunkers & stuff.  But cool nonetheless.

Thanks and great photography BTW.
View Quote

Thanks, glad you liked it. It's near my mothers place. So when guests come up I always let them discover it.
All I say is " what's that" and then they are off to the races.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#33]
More pics of armor from the MV show-
M114-

Driver's compartment-

(tried to shoot these like you were getting in, the last I had to cheat)

Crew compartment from the rear hatch-

And down the VC's hatch. This had lots of thick direct vision blocks-

General shot above the radio stack to show the attention to detail. This was a beautiful restoration.

And the radio stack itself.

Tried to get some good shots of the engine, but it's very cramped.
basically a militarized small block Chevy.

Link Posted: 2/7/2014 7:57:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Nice! That thing looks better than new I bet. Great pics too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Nice! That thing looks better than new I bet. Great pics too.
View Quote

It was a really very nice restoration, and seemed to be fully operational(excluding the dummy armament)

The images could have been better, I was very tired when shooting them, and missed a lot of the detail shots I managed when I took internals of the M-18 earlier.
They have been resized considerably.
I can't fault the camera, it's a friend's and is far superior in many ways from the old Pentax K-1000 I used to have.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#36]
There is a important anniversary coming up in a month and a half. For those that didn't know or might have forgotten.
I do not want to have political discussion  enter this thread. Lets just say they were not from around here.
Just my personal little cause. If you could offer a moment of remembrance on that day.  I would appreciate it.
Thank you for your time.

Link Posted: 2/12/2014 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#37]

This one is 10 / 28 kind of hard to see.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#39]

What am I looking at on this one?
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What am I looking at on this one?
View All Quotes

Old Army Air Forces bottle. The date stamps suggest Praxair bought it in 70', but the AAF was disbanded in the 40's.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#41]
HU-16 from a recent airshow-
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 6:24:17 AM EDT
[#42]

The top picture I'm pretty sure is of a bottle that used to belong to the Nazi's.

I was told by a welding old timer to look for a box with an X stamped into it. That is was a swastika that had the ends filled in. I have looked at nearly every bottle that has come into my shop since I was 12 years old. I have seen bottles that had inspection dates in the "teens" but I have not been able to find a nazi bottle.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 6:37:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The top picture I'm pretty sure is of a bottle that used to belong to the Nazi's.

I was told by a welding old timer to look for a box with an X stamped into it. That is was a swastika that had the ends filled in. I have looked at nearly every bottle that has come into my shop since I was 12 years old. I have seen bottles that had inspection dates in the "teens" but I have not been able to find a nazi bottle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The square window pane looking box? I just checked our bottles.

Link Posted: 2/13/2014 7:29:03 AM EDT
[#44]
The right hand ones in the old Norse runes stood for the letter G for Germany where the Linde bottles were made. It was a good luck symbol too.
But about 36 they start to go left. That's a Nazi cylinder.  Well made while they were in power.  After the war they still used it till the 50's.
When large numbers were imported into the US they started hammering a square over all the Swastikas. It is known as the Linde window. It looks like a window.
The Nitrogen one is a Nazi cylinder. That window is hiding something. One more old one then I will move on. If I find a really interesting one I will post it.
Un modified right hand one. Got through the wire somehow.

10 /16 that got the window treatment.

The plus behind the date means it can be filled 10% over it's rated pressure safely. 2015 can go to 2200 or so. Not only do they pass test they can and are overfilled.
That means the customer has to rent less cylinders. If you see a star after that. That means they passed so well that they only need to be tested every ten years.
The plus sign didn't start till later.  Cholla gets a bonus point for spotting the wartime one. The others may be Nazi ones but they only stamped on the first test.
They all may be. No one will know.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 7:42:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Isn't the swastika stamp backwards?
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 7:51:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Isn't the swastika stamp backwards?
View Quote

Yes pre Nazi they go right. Positive energy I am told. the little flags are on the left.
Nazi ones turn left so the flags are on the right. If you get my drift.

Think of a lug wrench with paper taped to the ends. Turn right good.
Turn left bad.
But you got it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 2/15/2014 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Found a new place today. Just a great mix of scrap, well picking stuff and old and I mean OLD cars. Trailers with the axle's taken off packed full of stuff.

Some of it 20ft high. Pretty tight in places but slightly better organised. Sharp edges broken glass and tripping hazards abound.  Then hit up the airport and got some more good pictures there too.

Lets get started.  View when you first step in.

I think I got 46 pictures in all. So I have to drop them a few at a time. Hope you enjoy.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Great photos.  MrsCheShirt is a photographer and really dug them.  I think you've inspired her to take one of her models out to a scrapyard and so a shoot.

Thanks man!
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Great photos.  MrsCheShirt is a photographer and really dug them.  I think you've inspired her to take one of her models out to a scrapyard and so a shoot.

Thanks man!
View Quote

Thank You!  For your input. I wish her the best. Having provocative subject matter in her shots will only help. Very few go this way. Think of every suspense movie you have seen.
Where were the most intense scene's. Old warehouses and junk yards? If she can find a decent spot. I can only ask that you E mail me a few. I would love to see them.
My problem is lighting. It's always intense here.
If you didn't live in China, I might have shown you two around a bit.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top