Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2011 11:34:02 AM EDT
President 0bama promised that he was going to implement efforts to erase your right to bear arms “under the radar.”  Now, he’s brought the fight to Arizona.

Using the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), the 0bama administration has proposed banning recreational shooting in the half-million acres of Sonoran Desert National Monument.  

BLM has released proposed plans for the future management of nearly 1.4 million acres located southwest of Phoenix, in parts of Maricopa, Pinal, Pima, Gila and Yuma Counties.  Of that total, over 486,000 acres are within the Sonoran Desert National Monument.  The proposals can be found at:  http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/planning/son_des.html .  

Two of the possible alternatives (“D” and “E”) propose closing the area to recreational shooters.  Presently, some 63 sites in the national monument are used by recreational shooters.  The proposed plans also address other issues of importance to shooters and hunters, including the designation of roads and trails for motorized vehicles and areas that could be managed as wilderness.

If you ride, hike, hunt or shoot in the Sonoran Desert National Monument, you need to get involved in this planning process!  

The public comment period is open through November 25.
Instructions for making comments can be found at: http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/planning/son_des.html .
Comments can be faxed or mailed to BLM, Phoenix District Office.

At the BLM website (http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/planning/son_des.html) you will also find a series of public BLM meetings, being held in October, to discuss the proposal to ban recreational shooting in the Sonoran Desert National Monument.  Meetings will be held in Phoenix, Mesa, Casa Grande, Buckeye, Gila Bend and Ajo.  We urge you to attend as many of these meetings as possible.

This is not the first time that the BLM has attempted to close an entire national monument to shooters, making no attempt to provide places for and access to shooting sites.  The Ironwood National Monument shooting ban was defeated because of the outcry from concerned citizens (you!).

Together, we can defeat the 0bama administration’s proposed Sonoran Desert National Monument shooting ban!

These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization:  http://www.azcdl.org/html/join_us_.html .

AzCDL – Protecting Your Freedom
http://www.azcdl.org/html/accomplishments.html .

Copyright © 2011 Arizona Citizens Defense League, Inc., all rights reserved.

AzCDL-list mailing list
AzCDL-list @mailman.modwest.com
http://mailman.modwest.com/listinfo/azcdl-list

Link Posted: 9/22/2011 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Just saw that in my e-mail as well
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats a big F**king area.  We need to get on this.  But my question is how is the Obamination going to control the shooting on southern boarder edge of this area ???????    Good luck with that.  Will do what I can.  Thanks for posting.

Link Posted: 9/22/2011 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
BLAME THOSE WHO VOTED FOR THIS MORON.
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Does this mean the smugglers in that area will have to stop shooting at LE?
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Can this really happen?
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]
bump. thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#7]
This thread needs to be stickied with BOLD letters and proper hyper links!
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Lets not forget the morons that gave us Juan McCain as a choice............ and continue to do so.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I do a fair amount of shooting in this area. There is a HUGE trash problem in this area and I'm sure this will come up. Fucksticks bring out all kinds of things to shoot at and predictably leave it behind. I have hauled home propane tanks, appliances, chairs, etc to find more of the same the next week. We need to stop the rule change but we also need to police our own.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I hauled a shot up patio furniture set out of my shooting area the other day... who shoots up an umbrella and chairs??
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#11]
We really need to get on this.

Heres the hot link to the BLM site about the comment period:

http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/planning/son_des.html.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#12]
NRA is aware of it too which should help bump meeting attendance:

Link Posted: 9/23/2011 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#13]
mCPAIN WAS THE MOST LIKELY TO BE ABLE TO BEAT OBAMA, it was the lesser of 2 evils .As in the upcomming election of 2012 we need to vote for any pro gun ,fiscal coservetive that can beat Obama. this is the sad truth in American politcs .And unless you want 4 more years of the same Obamanation ,that's exactly what you will do .
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets not forget the morons that gave us Juan McCain as a choice............ and continue to do so.

Link Posted: 9/23/2011 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the heads up.

On a side note, I think we are better off with Obama than McCain, at least we can count on Obamas stance. Anyway, we have bigger things to be concerned about than who the hell was or wasn't elected at this point in time...
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I read the title as "Obama Targets".

I got excited for a minute.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#16]
... Thread needs to be tacked to the top until we can reverse action

Mods?
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I truely believe that is President Zero is reelected, Guns and Gun rights in America will be on the way out. The subject wasen't even talked about during the 1st 4 years. All a President does in the first term is try to get reelected. The 2nd term is where legistation will occour. With nothing to lose, the major bills banning guns will take shape. It'll be after some nutjob shoots up a school or something and that will be the spark for the fire. WE all need to get involved to stop not only this action by the governmant, but to ensure Obama is not reelected. If a gun ban will come, it'll be with Obama at the wheel during the 2nd term.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#18]
WOW this could really suck
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#19]
There is a couple of things here at play, all of which suck for good guy gun owners.  But  I am going to spout this off, think about it and take it to heart.

As it is now, it is illegal to target shoot on Arizona State Trust land.   BLM traditonaly has been very, very freindly.  But, while I wouldnt be surprised at Obama using BLM to stick it us, BLM has long fought a serious trash problem due to recrational shooters.   i volunteer with the MCSO and covered over many a volunteer clean up.  90% of the shit that gets hauled out of those areas is from shooters.  Brass, targets, boxes, water heaters, compouters, clays, ... it goes on and on.   I know from talks with ground level BLM people, this crap cant go on forever.   Fences and signs are easier to put up then extra patrols or sponsering cleanups.

Coming from the 4x4 communtiy, we have for years figured out that we need to fight for our trails, and areas, including cleaning and repairing damage.  Even if it means cleaning up the mess from the 10% a-holes out there that cause problems.  Over the past 10 years, the 4x4 community has gotten much better about policing its own.  From pounding the message home to everyone, using preer presure on the trail, to even taking pictures and posting them on web sites calling people out.   Sure, its sounds a little dickish, but you know what?  Im sick of losing places to wheel becasue some jackass had to tear it up to show off his new truck to drunk buddies.  Hell ya Ill sell you out if it means I keep my place open so I can bring back son and hopefully, he will have a place to bring his son.

I hate to say it, but the shooting community seems to be the last one to get it.  They leave the biggest mess and more often than not seem to be the most clueless.  "Oh, I didnt know I needed to clean up.  I just saw all this and figured you left it." While there is some asshats that just wont clean up  (Its the desert, ill do what I want a lot of people are just clueless.  The key is education.  Pick it up, or lose it.

Gotta pound the message home to everyone......  Otherwise, this nightmare will happen.     ( Table Mesa and Sycamore (Sugarloaf) come to mind.  )
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I truely believe that is President Zero is reelected, Guns and Gun rights in America will be on the way out. The subject wasen't even talked about during the 1st 4 years. All a President does in the first term is try to get reelected. The 2nd term is where legistation will occour. With nothing to lose, the major bills banning guns will take shape. It'll be after some nutjob shoots up a school or something and that will be the spark for the fire. WE all need to get involved to stop not only this action by the governmant, but to ensure Obama is not reelected. If a gun ban will come, it'll be with Obama at the wheel during the 2nd term.

This is exactly spot on.  Tell your friends.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#21]
i hauled off a tv with 4x4 stickers all over it last year from the forest all shot to crap. not even a shooting spot. its going to be an uphill battle with all the trash left behind. we all see it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:50:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

i hauled off a tv with 4x4 stickers all over it last year from the forest all shot to crap. not even a shooting spot. its going to be an uphill battle with all the trash left behind. we all see it.

True. It's here, now

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/10/03/20111003sonoran-desert-access-proposal.html
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Me too.

Someone explain the please, and be gentle also. I always under the impression that BLM was closed to target shooting, hence why you were always "rabbit hunting?" Or did I just miss this entirely, I read the articles but I'm still not clear.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

Someone explain the please, and be gentle also. I always under the impression that BLM was closed to target shooting, hence why you were always "rabbit hunting?" Or did I just miss this entirely, I read the articles but I'm still not clear.

State Trust land is closed to target shooting...... BLM is different, Fed's own it.    http://www.land.state.az.us/
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't you mean Obama targets Arizona?

Barry hates anyone who challenges him or defies his policies. And Arizona's leadership and most its citizens have been extremely uncooperative towards, The One.

Obama hates despises the entire state of Arizona and all we represent.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#26]
MODS tac pls
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top