Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2017 7:15:06 PM EDT
Posted this in the MI HTF, but thought I would try here as well because I'm sure Remington has sent other Ohio members there for warranty repair work.

I have an alignment issue (either scope mount screw holes or action to barrel) with a new Remington 700 and Remington customer service has asked that I ship the rifle to this place in Davison Michigan as they are a Remington Authorized Repair Center.

The online reviews are not very kind to say the least in regards to their gunsmithing and customer service.

I would love to hear any personal experiences you have (good or bad) prior to sending a new rifle to them.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Well,, dont know where you at, but you might try looking up "Keller" in Bradford Ohio (Darke Co).. I understood it at 1 time he was a Remington Facility ??

Williams in MI is supposed to be a high volume reloading supply place (east of Flint)..
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well,, dont know where you at, but you might try looking up "Keller" in Bradford Ohio (Darke Co).. I understood it at 1 time he was a Remington Facility ??

Williams in MI is supposed to be a high volume reloading supply place (east of Flint)..
View Quote
Thanks, I'm in Columbus.  

As far as I can tell there are no RARCs in Ohio, and Williams is the closest in MI with another in VA being about the same distance.  Info on current Remington Authorized Repair Center locations is not easily found (or my google-fu is just weak).
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I had an issue with my ACR, and contacted Bushmaster about getting it fixed shortly after Remington bought Bushmaster.  The RMA had it shipped there.  Supposed to take 10 days.  

Long story short, they couldn't (or didn't know how) to fix it, and basically sat on the rifle and paperwork.  (Even with the paperwork and RMA information I was told to send with the gun)  After a month with no word, it took me threatening to initiate a BATFE audit for them to actually bother looking for my rifle and contacting Remington to figure out what to do with it.  At which point it disappeared again, (~2 months) and it took me bugging the fuck out of a Remington VP for my rifle to be tracked down at the Maryland facility.  It then took ANOTHER month or so for them to come up with a replacement barrel, cause they couldn't just use a 1 in 7 twist unit that was sitting on the shelf.  

At no point were they communicative about my rifle, and any progress on the repair was due to me badgering the hell out of them.  I wasn't impressed.  (They also performed the firing pin recall at the same time, and instead of the 2 30 rd PMags I was supposed to get, I received the ban state 10 rd mags.  Which when inserted required the rifle to be broken down to remove because they were too short to grasp to pull out, and too tight to drop free under gravity.)  

All in all, this lead to me reevaluating the ACR, and I decided that while it was a cool rifle, the lack of support or interest in supporting the firearm from Remington in case I had another issue was a serious liability.  I sold the gun after I got it back and verified function.  

I'm sure if its something like a 700 or 870, you'll have better luck than I did.  Probably.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:02:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I had an issue with my ACR, and contacted Bushmaster about getting it fixed shortly after Remington bought Bushmaster.  The RMA had it shipped there.  Supposed to take 10 days.  

Long story short, they couldn't (or didn't know how) to fix it, and basically sat on the rifle and paperwork.  (Even with the paperwork and RMA information I was told to send with the gun)  After a month with no word, it took me threatening to initiate a BATFE audit for them to actually bother looking for my rifle and contacting Remington to figure out what to do with it.  At which point it disappeared again, (~2 months) and it took me bugging the fuck out of a Remington VP for my rifle to be tracked down at the Maryland facility.  It then took ANOTHER month or so for them to come up with a replacement barrel, cause they couldn't just use a 1 in 7 twist unit that was sitting on the shelf.  

At no point were they communicative about my rifle, and any progress on the repair was due to me badgering the hell out of them.  I wasn't impressed.  (They also performed the firing pin recall at the same time, and instead of the 2 30 rd PMags I was supposed to get, I received the ban state 10 rd mags.  Which when inserted required the rifle to be broken down to remove because they were too short to grasp to pull out, and too tight to drop free under gravity.)  

All in all, this lead to me reevaluating the ACR, and I decided that while it was a cool rifle, the lack of support or interest in supporting the firearm from Remington in case I had another issue was a serious liability.  I sold the gun after I got it back and verified function.  

I'm sure if its something like a 700 or 870, you'll have better luck than I did.  Probably.
View Quote
Thanks for the input.  This is the type of situation I'm afraid of based on the reviews.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Posted this in the MI HTF, but thought I would try here as well because I'm sure Remington has sent other Ohio members there for warranty repair work.

I have an alignment issue (either scope mount screw holes or action to barrel) with a new Remington 700 and Remington customer service has asked that I ship the rifle to this place in Davison Michigan as they are a Remington Authorized Repair Center.

The online reviews are not very kind to say the least in regards to their gunsmithing and customer service.

I would love to hear any personal experiences you have (good or bad) prior to sending a new rifle to them.

Thanks in advance!
View Quote

This is very, very common with 700's.  I know it is a new rifle, but you may be money and hassle ahead to just have it repaired by a competent gunsmith.  I had Short Action Customs in Wellington repair my misaligned holes and it turned out great.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is very, very common with 700's.  I know it is a new rifle, but you may be money and hassle ahead to just have it repaired by a competent gunsmith.  I had Short Action Customs in Wellington repair my misaligned holes and it turned out great.
View Quote
I'm leaning towards doing  this based on the reviews I've been reading about Williams Gun Sight as well as other RARCs.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top