Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2017 12:27:53 PM EDT
Hey guys, I am wanting to do a trip with the wife to Kings Island (we are about 1.5 hours south in KY). Was hoping some of you locals would have some recommendations on nearby hotels, best way to purchase tickets/parking, things to watch out for, etc. I haven't been there in about 10 years or maybe longer, so I'm sure a lot has changed. Thanks for the tips!

Edit - also, is carrying viable into the park? I have no idea how strict security is these days. I have KY CCW.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I am wanting to do a trip with the wife to Kings Island (we are about 1.5 hours south in KY). Was hoping some of you locals would have some recommendations on nearby hotels, best way to purchase tickets/parking, things to watch out for, etc. I haven't been there in about 10 years or maybe longer, so I'm sure a lot has changed. Thanks for the tips!

Edit - also, is carrying viable into the park? I have no idea how strict security is these days. I have KY CCW.
View Quote

last I heard its a no carry zone.. they have metal detectors... as for hotels there are lots to choose from in the Mason area... AKA King mills area..  good luck have fun..
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Kroger often has deals on tickets for KI. Stay in Mason, or West Chester if nice hotels in Mason are full. There is lots of shopping in the area (Liberty Center, kenwood, etc...)
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:08:05 AM EDT
[#3]
No ccw in the park, there are metal detectors, and a lot of the people that work in the security/police fields there are less-than-friendly about firearms.

Not even off-duty cops can carry in the park.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't want to carry while riding roller coasters anyways.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Went there a few years ago for a company picnic, the price of stuff in there is a bit scary.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went there a few years ago for a company picnic, the price of stuff in there is a bit scary.
View Quote
You don't like paying $4.50 for a small soda?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#7]
No not much lol.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Leave a cooler in the car and tailgate. Just get your hand stamped so you can get back in
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Go on a weekday with 50 percent chance of rain and go early. Eat outside the park for the best bang for your buck or tailgate. Don't go on Friday or weekends with good weather unless you want to wait 45 minutes or longer for rides.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#10]
For the time being since my kids are grown up I really have no use for the place, guess I am lucky until maybe I have grand kids.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Starting with the 2017 season (so in effect now), they're doing metal detectors and bag checks on everyone going in.... no pocket knives or mace let alone a firearm allowed inside.  They don't make exceptions for LEO/MIL.

The parking lot is signed on the entrance drive well off the street and into the 'no turn around, 1 way to go is in' portion, but I've never had an issue with locking my stuff in my car and walking in.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Not sure about now, but Triple A used to sell tickets at a discount price?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:04:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was there several times last year and they didn't have the metal detectors going all day every day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Starting with the 2017 season (so in effect now), they're doing metal detectors and bag checks on everyone going in.... no pocket knives or mace let alone a firearm allowed inside.  They don't make exceptions for LEO/MIL.

The parking lot is signed on the entrance drive well off the street and into the 'no turn around, 1 way to go is in' portion, but I've never had an issue with locking my stuff in my car and walking in.
I was there several times last year and they didn't have the metal detectors going all day every day.
They made the entry metal detectors permanent starting this season... left the other night at close and they still had a few security guys at the metal detectors for any really late stragglers.

As you might expect, they're not the sharpest... my belt buckle sets off the detector every time (wilderness tac instructor belt usually goes to KI with me) and they've only secondarily wanded me once.  Every other time the security guy has just said 'you're good' and waved me past after I set the magnetometer off... not even a question of 'hey... what large metal item do you have near your waistline that set my machine off?".

I'm there off and on all summer... my youngest is now big enough for all the coasters so I'm finally getting to ride the good stuff again.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top