Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2017 2:06:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#1]
there is a God Garands for everyone..
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Must be a sign.  I was just thinking it's about time I buy a Garand.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Stay tuned, Men. I was just yakking with an old shipmate who served at Subic Bay, over in those Philippine Islands a while back. He told me he saw a lot of Garands in use there by local Police Forces, irregulars, and the like against insurgents and criminals. He said a lot of the Garands he saw there were "beat to pi**" from both lack of maintenance and the sky high humidity and ocean salt spray.

But, then again, our good folks at CMP really know how to re-hab, re-furbish, and re-make so-so ones as good as new--plus, with a pool of 86k, there's got to be some "hidden beauties" among the beasts.

I gotta get my credit card carbide-coated when they release them!

Nothing like walnut wood and iron!

And the .30Cal M2 Ball--well, you can really be a "long distance runner" with that round--it packs plenty 'o punch.

Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool...
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stay tuned, Men. I was just yakking with an old shipmate who served at Subic Bay, over in those Philippine Islands a while back. He told me he saw a lot of Garands in use there by local Police Forces, irregulars, and the like against insurgents and criminals. He said a lot of the Garands he saw there were "beat to pi**" from both lack of maintenance and the sky high humidity and ocean salt spray.

But, then again, our good folks at CMP really know how to re-hab, re-furbish, and re-make so-so ones as good as new--plus, with a pool of 86k, there's got to be some "hidden beauties" among the beasts.

I gotta get my credit card carbide-coated when they release them!

Nothing like walnut wood and iron!

And the .30Cal M2 Ball--well, you can really be a "long distance runner" with that round--it packs plenty 'o punch.

http://www.range365.com/sites/range365.com/files/styles/large_1x_/public/letter.png?itok=oBNO9Uei
View Quote
I just opened a line of credit so I max out my limit on M1's and do some serious Neck-bearding
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
CMP Specials for all! I have 2 and love 'em.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Now where are all the surplus 1911's?  They should get rid of them to make room for all the incoming M9's they're about to moth ball.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:25:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Now where are all the surplus 1911's?  They should get rid of them to make room for all the incoming M9's they're about to moth ball.
View Quote
The NDAA said the Army may give the M1911s to the CMP, not shall give.

And I'll believe the CMP gets those Garands when I see it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#9]
It would be interesting to learn their average condition. An article stated they had been used hard and stored in an aircraft hanger a couple decades.
Hope they do get them!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been thinking of getting one for about 10 years now.

When I was in the Ohio National Guard that is what we carried when i first got in.  We had trained in boot camp with the M14 and the M16 and came back from Ft. Lewis Wash only to find that we carry an M1.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top