Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2017 9:27:49 PM EDT
Driving in Ohio in a couple months an was wondering if it was worth stopping bye. Also anyone know if a Pa resident can buy a firearm in Oh?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:09:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what kind of shops you're use to visiting. It's much bigger than your local sporting goods store/gun shop but not as large as say Cabela's or Bass Pro. Their prices aren't terrible, depending on what you're looking for. A lot of good taxidermy on the walls. I wouldn't go far out of my way for the place but I definitely stop any time I'm driving by the Ashland exit.

I don't know what Fins policy is on selling long guns to out of state residents but I believe federal law allows it, as you reside in a bordering state. Don't quote me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:29:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Long guns only. No pistols I've seen people from pa try to buy pistols I believe it's a state law. I wouldn't go there the sportsman den in Shelby has better customer service.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Good store...great for guns and ammo (better than Cabela's or Bass Pro). You can buy rifles and shotguns and take it them take with you. You can buy a pistol but they will have to ship it to an FFL dealer in PA.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't go there the sportsman den in Shelby has better customer service.
View Quote

Thats very funny...I believe just the opposite!!!
The Fin has outstanding customer service.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#7]
FFF claims to be the largest seller of firearms in Ohio.

They do have the selection to warrant the claim.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sometimes their sales are decent, but it's been awhile since I've bought a firearm there.  I usually pick up powder when I'm passing by.
View Quote

Yup.

If you reload its worth a stop, OP.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
the best customer service you will experience.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
the best customer service you will experience.
View Quote

This^
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Love them.  Fantastic group of guys and gals.  Prices are on par with other local brick and mortar shops.  You won't find any smoking deals there, but you also won't find Gander Mountain prices either.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks everyone for the replies, Ill have to check it out.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:23:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I am spoiled, only live 8 minutes away from the ashland location.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Long guns only. No pistols I've seen people from pa try to buy pistols I believe it's a state law. I wouldn't go there the sportsman den in Shelby has better customer service.
View Quote
Wow. I have had just the opposite experience. S.D. missed out on 4k of our money because two associates wouldn't acknowledge our existence. They will not see another cent of mine. Spent it @ FFF. They have good C.S.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top