Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2016 3:10:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 5:05:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell yes!

Me likes backstops.

let us know how you make out with it.

P.S.
Love your "motto" of 9 pellets, 9 lives. It's gotta be a BASIC TRUTH in life!

There's been a few times I've been in scrapes with criminals in the early hours with my shotty and one time a perp pulled a wheel gun on me. Had to explain to this "math challenged" dude from Akron: "You've got six, but one-at-a-time. BUT I've got 9 the first shot. And I've got 56 more in the tube. 'YOUR MOVE.' He disappeared."

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#2]
While I love American Metals (their off fall bar and tube stock is great for silencer builds), I usually go down to Hirschberg Steel in Lockland for AR500

They have a customer that consistently brings them cutouts, off fall, and test plates of AR500 for scrap.

Its still usable steel so they keep it and sell it off at the recycled rate instead of the retail rate. IIRC the last time I was there it was like $0.38 per pound

Various sizes and thicknesses are usually available.

Over the years I have made everything from plates, plate racks, a dueling tree, a texas star, poppers (full size and minis), silhouettes (fulls and minis), etc.

Most of the time I pick up either 3/8 or 1/4 thick stuff, it's great stuff for targets, luckily I have a very large amount of earth for my backstop
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder what they would charge for a IDPA full sized cut out.

I see they have water jet and laser.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:11:57 AM EDT
[#4]
You guys know of any spots closer to the Columbus area that has deals similar to the ones you posted for ar500?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not sure.  It would be worth phone call.  It would be cheaper if you bought more of them.  I don't think they bought a sheet for my one piece.  I think they ordered it to size.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You guys know of any spots closer to the Columbus area that has deals similar to the ones you posted for ar500?
View Quote

I see that there is a Metal Supermarket in Columbus. Not sure what their prices are like.  I'm sure there are other places, too.

https://www.metalsupermarkets.com/columbus/

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not sure, I don't think either have that service on site. I think they order new stock in with cuts already done.

I cut mine with a plasma cutter, not ideal but I haven't had any issues out of it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not sure, I don't think either have that service on site. I think they order new stock in with cuts already done.

I cut mine with a plasma cutter, not ideal but I haven't had any issues out of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best bet might be to buy the rectangles to size, and find someone with a plasma cutter to cut the shoulders.  You get a couple of extra small plates as a bonus.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

eBay is full of steel targets. I'd check the feedback, but they seem priced alright.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

eBay is full of steel targets. I'd check the feedback, but they seem priced alright.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's very true and some have free shipping.  I'd only go local if its cheaper.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top