Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2016 3:06:42 PM EDT
Anyone know if any gunshops are hiring in or around Columbus? Looking for a part time job to supplement my income. Any places to avoid?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Avoid the Cleve Ave Vances. Unless you like FSA and (mostly) retarded customers/employees.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
FSA ?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#4]
AimHi/New Albany Shooting range is hiring. But you need to possess skills like being a jerk, and act like you know everything.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FSA ?
View Quote

Free Shit Army
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:39:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Avoid the Cleve Ave Vances. Unless you like FSA and (mostly) retarded customers/employees.
View Quote

That is the first place I would go.  Definitely get an education on dealing with different type of customers. Hi end to low end.  That, in my book, is a great learning experience.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That is the first place I would go.  Definitely get an education on dealing with different type of customers. Hi end to low end.  That, in my book, is a great learning experience.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it takes all kinds. I know of at least one member here that works there.

Quoted:
AimHi/New Albany Shooting range is hiring. But you need to possess skills like being a jerk, and act like you know everything.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
that's at every gun store.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I keep hearing this sort of complaint about NASR but I never had that happen personally since the day it opened at least 20+ years ago.

In any case, I was told the owner put his daughter in charge and then most of the old crew quit or were fired and new people are being hired.  It's not going to be the same place.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I keep hearing this sort of complaint about NASR but I never had that happen personally since the day it opened at least 20+ years ago.

In any case, I was told the owner put his daughter in charge and then most of the old crew quit or were fired and new people are being hired.  It's not going to be the same place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was one person Greg.  He had a attitude everywhere he worked though
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Vances on Cleveland seems to always have a sign up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Cabella's has some gun related open positions at their Columbus store

http://cabelas.jobs/careers/?jobs_country=us&jobs_location=18&keyword=keyword&employee=no&search_qs=Search
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I took my wife there in February to use my membership, the counter guy needed to check my ammo. I pulled them out of my bag, and they're already loaded in Lancer smoke translucent magazines  for my AR.

"Did you know that it's illegal for you to travel with loaded AR magazines because that's considered the same as a loaded machine gun."
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

When I took my wife there in February to use my membership, the counter guy needed to check my ammo. I pulled them out of my bag, and they're already loaded in Lancer smoke translucent magazines  for my AR.

"Did you know that it's illegal for you to travel with loaded AR magazines because that's considered the same as a loaded machine gun."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's derpy.  There are ignorant people in all sorts of jobs; you should've told the owner his help is misinformed.

"Do you know it's illegal to tell customers they're breaking the law when they're not?"  Heh
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SMFH! Did he have a Killary bumper sticker too?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was this the same guy that used to work at Davis Guns?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure. I guess I'll give him the benefit of doubt as he did say he was a former Alaskan State Trooper.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  The real pleasant guy with the ponytail. He made an impression on you also.  lol
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Did he work a Dicks also?
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I had a bad experience with a guy with a pony tail also, but not sure if it's the same guy.

Is he a little heavier, and the pony tail has some gray hairs? He bitched at me one time when I was buying magazines for my LCP at their full retail price before I knew any better. I grabbed two magazines, then asked him what the price was on Pearce extension grips, and he said, "WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK ME WHEN I WAS ALREADY OVER THERE GETTING MAGS?!?!"

Sorry I made you walk, man.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:04:59 AM EDT
[#21]
If I could choose one id pick Capital City Outfitters in Hilliard.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I had a bad experience with a guy with a pony tail also, but not sure if it's the same guy.

Is he a little heavier, and the pony tail has some gray hairs? He bitched at me one time when I was buying magazines for my LCP at their full retail price before I knew any better. I grabbed two magazines, then asked him what the price was on Pearce extension grips, and he said, "WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK ME WHEN I WAS ALREADY OVER THERE GETTING MAGS?!?!"

View Quote

He's not there anymore.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#23]
You guys are talking about two different people. I've been shopping at NASR since I started med school in '98. I've had great experiences there. Greg was entertaining, opinionated and sometime correct. I won't trample on his grave.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Vance Outdoors is hiring.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#25]
If this is the same guy he used to give me shit when I would go to Davis Guns when they were still in Dublin, he would always try to point me out when I would go in there and just buy bulk ammo or a magazine that I liked, he did give a guy that I worked with real shit one time he went in there looking for a certain type of gun(cant remember what been some years) but he looked at like 3-4 different guns and at the end of it all the guy was like ok which one you want?? friend was like well I am going to think on it, guy got all shitty saying I showed you all those guns for nothing!!! surprised he had a job anywhere.
Quoted:

View Quote

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top