Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2016 1:35:26 PM EDT
Is the Army Navy Store in Fairfield still in business?  The website is gone, and the phone number asks to leave a message number.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It was a few months ago. I haven't went that far up route 4, I usually stop at Jungle Jims and buy my beer then go back home.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I went past it about a month ago and the place looked dark and the parking lot was empty.

I'm just curious if they still exist? The last few times that I've gone in, they didn't have much

real surplus.  Maybe some Chinese repo crap an a limited supply of patches and medals.

I use to like that store a few years ago.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is the Army Navy Store in Fairfield still in business?  The website is gone, and the phone number asks to leave a message number.
View Quote

We have no members in the Cincinnati, Fairfield, Hamilton area  I guess that I'll waste some time and gas and check them out myself.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I stopped by a few months ago, virtually empty but some real old, overpriced, dusty surplus gear and oddball uniforms and patches. If you're looking for a shop like that in the area, definitely check out Northside Surplus on the west side of Cincinnati.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We have no members in the Cincinnati, Fairfield, Hamilton area  I guess that I'll waste some time and gas and check them out myself.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Calm your tits bro, I'll drive by one night this week and scope out the scene.

I know that in the past they haven't had a whole lot of inventory, and what they did have was a bit over priced. But then again I can't blame them for charging more considering their overhead, and the whole "instant gratification" purchase aspect .
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Update on my question.

I drove up to the Army/Navy store today. The parking lot was empty and the doors were locked.

A sign on the front door stated that the were CLOSED due to a power outage. (How long does a power outage last)?

Also the website is gone and the phone is out of service. Maybe they didn't pay their electric bill.  

I think they're belly up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like they closed up shop. I remember that place back in its heyday as a kid. I thought it was awesome at the time.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Drove by on Friday with the same result. I liked the power outage sign, it looked like it was written on a napkin.

They still have inventory in the shop, so I'll keep my eyes open and let y'all know if they decide to liquidate whats left.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They still have inventory in the shop, so I'll keep my eyes open and let y'all know if they decide to liquidate whats left.
View Quote

Couldn't be much inventory. They didn't have much when I was there eight or nine months ago. Mostly Made In China repos, and a lot of empty shelves.

But keep us informed if the do have a liquidation dale. There might be something worth buying.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Couldn't be much inventory. They didn't have much when I was there eight or nine months ago. Mostly Made In China repos, and a lot of empty shelves.

But keep us informed if the do have a liquidation dale. There might be something worth buying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I CALL DIBS ON THE NOTE HANGING ON THE DOOR!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top