Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2016 10:32:01 PM EDT
I got a couple knifes I want to have sharpened.  Can anyone recommend a knife sharpening service?  Would prefer Akron, area but willing to travel and ship the knifes.

I would rather have someone recommend me a place then to just send them off somewhere......

thanks!
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I got a couple knifes I want to have sharpened.  Can anyone recommend a knife sharpening service?  Would prefer Akron, area but willing to travel and ship the knifes.

I would rather have someone recommend me a place then to just send them off somewhere......

thanks!
View Quote

I have sharpened most of my own knives and I have gotten decent at it. Something I picked up in the sandbox from some peshmergha.  If you want to have it professionally done, I would try and contact the manufacturer to see what they say.

I live in Kent if you are out and about I am more than happen to show you what I know!

Thanks,

Douglas
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I would double check if the manufacturer would do it free or for a discount.

If you want to have it done in-state, my go-to is River's Edge Cutlery in Hilliard. Mike, Brian, and their employees really know what they're doing and will take care of you.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:08:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you want to have it done in-state, my go-to is River's Edge Cutlery in Hilliard. Mike, Brian, and their employees really know what they're doing and will take care of you.
View Quote

Everything pointy I own goes through REC.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are willing to travel to the Cleveland western suburbs there is a guy who sets up at the Crocker Park farmers market every weekend. He sharpens all the chef knives from the local restaurants as well as a long line of other folks every weekend.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe that several manufacturers like Benchmade will sharpen the knife (once a year, etc.) for you.

I'm not 100% sure if you have to pay for the shipping or any other associated costs.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Mother-in-law bought me a Work Sharp kit for Christmas and I must say it has been great thus far.  Made short work of all of my kitchen cutlery and also great results on my pocket knives.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#7]
go big, or go home and get a Wicked Edge.

I use a paper wheel system on a low speed grinder.  I picked everything up from Woodcraft.

River's Edge Cutlery is the only place around that I know of.

I was just thinking about putting a sign out in my yard advertising knife sharpening.  If I can keep my $400 knives sharp, I'm sure I can do other people's knives.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top