Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2015 10:59:08 AM EDT
I am running the Battlefrog 15K race in Oregonia tomorrow and from my house to the off site parking is 4hr1min.

I see google maps says there is A LOT of construction along 75 (as usual). My heat starts at 11am..gonna wake up at 0430a, leave at 0500a with a stop planned for when the coffee kicks in and the usual finagling of parking, trasnpo to the event, registration, bag check, etc..

Just trying to get some intel about 75 if it REALLY bad or if you all think there will be back up's at that early.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It is an awesome and scenic route if you enjoy constant stop and go traffic and staring at the ass end of a semi. I run that route once a month and it can be a real mess.  Be prepared for some heavy delays.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
75 is a mess right now.  Probably won't be too much traffic, but likely OSHP in the construction zones
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
75 is a mess right now.  Probably won't be too much traffic, but likely OSHP in the construction zones
View Quote

From north of Toledo to Findlay is almost all contruction but most of the back ups Ive seen have been on the northbound lanes. And for once Ive seen troopers pulling people over in my work area but only seen them with 2 customers in the month Ive been working. But hey only about another month and the northbound side south of Toledo should be done.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#4]
towards cincy sucks during the weekdays, but where you're it and on a weekend it will be easy
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Bedding down, checking the thread. Thanks for the input, may leave about 20 min later, get another cup of coffee in.

See you tomorrow, Ohio.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bedding down, checking the thread. Thanks for the input, may leave about 20 min later, get another cup of coffee in.

See you tomorrow, Ohio.

View Quote

Good luck today
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:08:36 AM EDT
[#7]
It sucks harder than a new rainbow. I think I would  take 127 through all the little crap hole towns and stop lights if you want to make good time. 75 down to Lima usually isn't real bad but after that it is a big crap shoot.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Good luck today
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See you tomorrow, Ohio.

Good luck today

Thanks! It was a good time. Drive down was painless, back home was a tad rough..lots of trucks and Ontario plateed vehicles doing dumb things. Made it back and for right around 3hrs50min..

I always like Ohio more and more the more I see it

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't believe the hate, Ohio is an awesome state full of great people and great things.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:56:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Don't believe the hate, Ohio is an awesome state full of great people and great things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You must live in a different part of the state that I see every day...Southern OH is nice. Most everything north of Columbus is Good people though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I run 75 daily from exit 74 to exit 43 5 day a week..  nothing to worry about.. heading south on 75 on a Saturday is smooth sailing,, so Downtown Dayton has construction,, south bound has you on 3 smooth  lanes lane shift,, as actual contruction is on opposite side of interstate, outside of concrete barriers  from the north bound 2 lane rough road traffic..  Heading south, been told in spring that Dayton PD was enforcing the 45 speed.. I aint seen anything,, stay left to go on through, spread out, and keep moving

I periodically run 75 north from exit 74 to exit 127 (north side of Lima).. crappy construction/ lane shift from 124 post ?? down to around 118 exit.. here again, pay attention, and keep moving

Some lane shift heading north around 90 stick to around 95 stick through Sidney, lane shift-2lane heading south

Lane shift north around stick 77 north to around stick 79,, same south bound, exit 78 closed with lane shift for bridge replacemnt/repair
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top