Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2015 5:20:19 PM EDT
Anyone else see the big, shiny, four engine prop-plane fly over going south east?  I thought maybe it was Fifi again but her schedule has her in Iowa right now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe a plane from the D-day reenactment in Conneaut
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone else see the big, shiny, four engine prop-plane fly over going south east?  I thought maybe it was Fifi again but her schedule has her in Iowa right now.

That would be my guess. There was a B-17 and a B-25 at the reenactment this year.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That would be my guess. There was a B-17 and a B-25 at the reenactment this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of these...

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#4]
fire bomb east cleveland and all the dirty people in solon?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

fire bomb east cleveland and all the dirty people in solon?
View Quote

Interesting proposal....

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:47:17 AM EDT
[#6]
It was not a military plane.  I saw it over Marblehead. Passenger bird.  Almost like a Ford Tri-motor.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It was not a military plane.  I saw it over Marblehead. Passenger bird.  Almost like a Ford Tri-motor.

View Quote

The plane you saw over Marblehead was the "City of Port Clinton" a Ford Tri motor owned by the Liberty Aviation Museum at the Erie-Ottawa County Regional Airport. They sell tickets to fly in her most weekends and she's a constant fixture in the air over that region. The plane the OP saw (and I saw) over Cleveland was the B-17G Yankee Lady, which flew in for the Conneaut D-Day reenactment.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The plane you saw over Marblehead was the "City of Port Clinton" a Ford Tri motor owned by the Liberty Aviation Museum at the Erie-Ottawa County Regional Airport. They sell tickets to fly in her most weekends and she's a constant fixture in the air over that region. The plane the OP saw (and I saw) over Cleveland was the B-17G Yankee Lady, which flew in for the Conneaut D-Day reenactment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe this is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must be the one I flew in a few years back in Dayton. I was the last to board and everyone was seated in the passenger area. As I was walking up the aisle to take a seat, the pilot looked back and pointed to the copilot seat and said,  "Someone can sit up here".

Fun ride.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top