Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2015 8:54:23 AM EDT
Army Makes Monumental Shift Over To Hollw Point Ammo

Mods: before I get whacked or transferred over to GD or AMMO on this item, my question for OHIOANS is:

"Will Those Vast Quantities of 9mm FMJ Ball stored nationwide in climate controlled Army bunkers wend their way to Camp Perry or Anniston eventually be be made available through CMP?" There must be billions of 9mm ball laying around for the Berettas as we speak.

yeah, yeah..the read says they still want to use the 9mm ball for practice, BUT, a guy can dream, can't he?

Hey! Congress-Critters: help pay down our $18T deficit by generating revenue selling "surplus" 9mm FMJ ammo!

P.S.

same thing here with raising government revenue: of course, y'all have heard the rumor that CMP "may," repeat, "may" be selling up to 100k surplus USGI .45acps in future if all goes well? Own a real hunk of US history.

House Advances Amendment To Sell 100,000 USGI .45ACP Pistols Thru DCM

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Not with god's gift to humanity in charge, probably end up selling it to Mexico.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Just as to give you some idea of how backwards the military can be on something like this here is a direct example to go by.

Qatar, 2003-2004, we had a literal TON of old ammo for the m-16/4 m-60, saw's m203 and 9mm. Instead of having us cops fire it off for proficiency they took it out to the desert, packed it with C-4, and destroyed as per regulations.

I would not hold my breath on getting ANY surplus military ammo…
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FIFY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not with god's gift to humanity in charge, probably end up selling it giving it/them to Mexico. Then blaming American FFLs and citizens for selling it to the cartels.

FIFY

FIFbothY

ETA: back on topic though that is great news for our soldiers, and if those 1911's ever wind up at CMP it will be great news for us!

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#5]
ETA: back on topic though that is great news for our soldiers, and if those 1911's ever wind up at CMP it will be great news for us!
View Quote

Roger!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I for one (all of us probably) would be very interested in a 45.  Can't imagine that any surplus ammo will be made available to the public.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#7]
A military lawyer who made a presentation during the Industry Day noted that the United States is not a signatory to the Hague Conventions
Now that was news to me. The reason that they all ways gave for
not using JHP was the Hague Conventions!
So if the US was never signatures of the convention.
Then why have we not been using JHP before this?
Anyone know why?

PITA45
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:45:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A military lawyer who made a presentation during the Industry Day noted that the United States is not a signatory to the Hague Conventions
Now that was news to me. The reason that they all ways gave for
not using JHP was the Hague Conventions!
So if the US was never signatures of the convention.
Then why have we not been using JHP before this?
Anyone know why?

PITA45
View Quote

My guess is a past president decided to observe the terms of the Hague Convention anyway.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:46:07 AM EDT
[#9]
My guess is a past president decided to observe the terms of the Hague Convention anyway.
View Quote

you're prolly right
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top