User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:24:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got a pre-recorded message yesterday from the CPS superintendent saying parents can keep their kids home from school when the verdict is read without attendance consequences (my kids go to CPS).  But no one knows WHEN the verdict will be read
View Quote

How generous.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#2]
We can't have riots downtown during the cavs games, can we I expect the verdict in two weeks
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I will repeat this again.

If they try to burn my house down they will be met with gunfire so intense, that George Patton himself will rise from the grave to compliment me on the display of firepower.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Well... When you gotta go... you gotta go!

Otherwise, http://www.ohiodefenseforce.org/ ? What do "We" Think about them? I know they are based out of southern ohio mostly.....

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
300lb guy running around the woods with an SKS demanding to be addressed as Col.  even though he has never held any rank in any legitimate military or police service.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Otherwise, http://www.ohiodefenseforce.org/ ? What do "We" Think about them? I know they are based out of southern ohio mostly.....

300lb guy running around the woods with an SKS demanding to be addressed as Col.  even though he has never held any rank in any legitimate military or police service.

Sigh.. how many times do I have to tell you not to talk about me like that in public?!?

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure about that?  Running?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]
will Geo. Soros and his crowd pay $5,000.00 a month for each "imported" protesters they bus in to Cleveland, just  like in Ferguson, MO or Baltimore, MD?

Now we know why they’re so committed to the cause. They are being paid – quite a bit – to disrupt and initiate violence across the country. The protesters are talking online about how much they were getting paid to protest against the police and stir up racial hate in Ferguson and other communities since August. Protesters were making MORE THAN $5,000 a month to disrupt cities and attack police! ... The far left billionaire George Soros pumped at least $33 million into the violent Ferguson protest movement, according The Washington Times.
View Quote

Ferguson Protest Leaders Paid $5,000 Per Month

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:45:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:46:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
For $5k a month plus expenses, I'll protest.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

will Geo. Soros and his crowd pay $5,000.00 a month for each "imported" protesters they bus in to Cleveland, just  like in Ferguson, MO or Baltimore, MD?

Now we know why they’re so committed to the cause. They are being paid – quite a bit – to disrupt and initiate violence across the country. The protesters are talking online about how much they were getting paid to protest against the police and stir up racial hate in Ferguson and other communities since August. Protesters were making MORE THAN $5,000 a month to disrupt cities and attack police! ... The far left billionaire George Soros pumped at least $33 million into the violent Ferguson protest movement, according The Washington Times.

I know, right?!?  I wonder what their benefits package looks like.  Protesting "social inequity" is looking to be one of the few growth sectors in our economy.  It seems like easy work and I'm guessing there isn't much of a  background check during the hiring process...

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

me too, shotar!

I wonder how many of these hard-working "protesters" will have to file a tax return for the first time in their life on this $$$

(wonder how many of them have to comply with "ObamaCare?" my buddy running a OTR truck repair shop is paying $2,700 a month for his BlueCross for him and his wife.)
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL, we don't.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Here's a Facebook group that was sent to me with a post saying some of the local hotels already have people in them...sounds like the hysteria is starting.

The comments on this page are priceless.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1592888897637213/

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Here's a Facebook group that was sent to me with a post saying some of the local hotels already have people in them...sounds like the hysteria is starting.

http://i58.tinypic.com/b4jofr.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

will Geo. Soros and his crowd pay $5,000.00 a month for each "imported" protesters they bus in to Cleveland, just like in Ferguson, MO or Baltimore, MD?

Seems like the solution is to push the announcement back a month or so.  There's no immediate need to do it now, and we can drain their resources if they're camped out in a hotel indefinitely.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Seems like the solution is to push the announcement back a month or so.  There's no immediate need to do it now, and we can drain their resources if they're camped out in a hotel indefinitely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

will Geo. Soros and his crowd pay $5,000.00 a month for each "imported" protesters they bus in to Cleveland, just like in Ferguson, MO or Baltimore, MD?

I agree. If they (whoever they are) are paying for people to travel to our city and stay here in order to tear the place up then the least that we can do is make it cost a lot...

The problem though is that if their benefactors start running low on cash then they will probably just protest the lack of a verdict.

It would be nice if we could charge the generous benefactors who are bankrolling these "activists" for damages to property caused by their crew of portable protesters and the mayhem that they cause...

ETA: After reading through some of the Facebook thread linked above it looks like the reports of large amounts of bussed in protesters are false...

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Verdict is supposed to come at 10am today.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Verdict is supposed to come at 10am today.
View Quote

The same time as the Tamir Rice protest in West Park?!?  I see nothing good coming of that. If there isn't a conviction then the protesters will probably go crazy. If there is a conviction the protesters are going to think that it is because of their protests (and may still go crazy).  It sounds like it will be an interesting day...

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#20]
... and now to stay off social media for the next few days.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Not guilty on all counts. Everyone in Cleveland (especially West Park) keep your heads on a swivel and stay safe. Let's hope and pray that things stay peaceful.

To all of our police, fire, and EMS thank you for what you do and stay safe this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I think there will be some trouble but nowhere near the level of Ferguson or Baltimore.  Just a guess.  Plus, Cleveland has had time to prepare a response in light of the other riots.  Just sitting around waiting to be called in to help if it does get ugly tonight.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think there will be some trouble but nowhere near the level of Ferguson or Baltimore.  Just a guess.  Plus, Cleveland has had time to prepare a response in light of the other riots.  Just sitting around waiting to be called in to help if it does get ugly tonight.
View Quote

I'm not claiming to have my finger on the pulse of Cleveland or anything, but I'm making a prediction: The natives won't be as restless as the media wants them to be.

I don't think we're going to see any rioting, and certainly not to the extent of what we saw in Ferguson or Baltimore.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I'm not claiming to have my finger on the pulse of Cleveland or anything, but I'm making a prediction: The natives won't be as restless as the media wants them to be.

I don't think we're going to see any rioting, and certainly not to the extent of what we saw in Ferguson or Baltimore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm both thinking and hoping that you are right.

mcnizzle, Engineer, and all others on this forum standing ready to support the CPD if necessary, from a Cleveland resident: THANK YOU!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#25]
My buddies Mom lives across the street from Impett park So he headed over to check things out.  This is where the Tamir protests were happening. Protestors are leaving and the police are loading up the mounts.  They are headed downtown.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Wish the best to all law-abiding citizens of Cleveland.
BTW, screw Ohio State Student Association. If you are an employer, please never hire those 'students' from that organization.
Ohio Student Association have organized many protests around Columbus, cleveland, and Toledo. THey are the ones calling people to block freeways during rush hour.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#27]
The police chief has said there will be zero tolerance on rioting and damage of property.

The media is making it out to be more then it is and I'm waiting to see if outsiders will still show up.

I think that there will be a good side roundup of protesters if they stay around the Q due to the cavs games being back in town and the city doesn't want to be out on all the money.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the sun sets.

To all the Cleveland police stay safe and keep head on swivel.

And god bless whatever dumb ass tries to mess with a CPD horse lol
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
BTW, screw Ohio State Association. If you are an employer, please never hire those 'students' from that organization.
View Quote

Don't know what you are referring to. Elaboration?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Opps, I mean 'Ohio Student Association'
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Headed downtown for work soon.  The powers that be are worried about problems after the Cavs game.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Headed downtown for work soon.  The powers that be are worried about problems after the Cavs game.
View Quote

stay safe, best of luck
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#33]
So far its quiet down here.  Just a whole bunch of cops hanging out at Burke airport.  We are watching the Caves game so that's good.  If nothing happens tonight then this protest is most likely over.

This is good practice for the RNC next year.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

So far its quiet down here.  Just a whole bunch of cops hanging out at Burke airport.  We are watching the Caves game so that's good.  If nothing happens tonight then this protest is most likely over.

This is good practice for the RNC next year.
View Quote

You guys did a great job yesterday.  Hopefully everything will go well tonight too.

Thank you!

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:24:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

My continuing prediction is that there will be no charges in the Tamir Rice case.  At least from what I can see, there is no basis for a criminal charge.  At some point, these people are simply going to have to admit that the cops know what they are doing.  The problem is not the cops, it's the people.  Don't fight with the cops, don't point guns around a children's recreation center, don't try to run over the police, and you will likely not have problems.

We have raised a generation that has no respect for anyone or anything.  They just want what they want and they want it now.
View Quote

We also have a media that has no accountability whatsoever and does not report the news without bias but instead tries to make a story as inflammatory as possible. For example:

I suppose you could also write the headline as:

Officer found not guilty in killing of 2 drug addicts that threatened his life

Michael Brelo stood on a car and fired 15 times at two drug addicts that had led police on a 20 mile chase and then rammed a police car in an attempt to escape in 2012. A judge ruled that the Cleveland officer's actions were justified.

... which would also be the truth, but of course, it isn't quite as race baiting as CNN's headline.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

We also have a media that has no accountability whatsoever and does not report the news without bias but instead tries to make a story as inflammatory as possible. For example:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/arfcom/CNN_headline_zpsn8vggx4n.jpg

Michael Brelo stood on a car and fired 15 times at two drug addicts that had led police on a 20 mile chase and then rammed a police car in an attempt to escape in 2012. A judge ruled that the Cleveland officer's actions were justified.

... which would also be the truth, but of course, it isn't quite as race baiting as CNN's headline.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My continuing prediction is that there will be no charges in the Tamir Rice case.  At least from what I can see, there is no basis for a criminal charge.  At some point, these people are simply going to have to admit that the cops know what they are doing.  The problem is not the cops, it's the people.  Don't fight with the cops, don't point guns around a children's recreation center, don't try to run over the police, and you will likely not have problems.

We have raised a generation that has no respect for anyone or anything.  They just want what they want and they want it now.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/arfcom/CNN_headline_zpsn8vggx4n.jpg

You mean like the official media title "unarmed black teenager Michael Brown" used in place of his birth name every time his was mentioned in the media?  The bias is so obvious. We are in a bad way in this country and the media is just fanning the flames.

People in Cleveland on Saturday were still chanting "hands up, don't shoot" which has been proven in the Grand Jury testimony to have NEVER HAPPENED...
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#38]
From watching the live feeds on the news sites and listening in to a bit of the radio feed on broadcastify it seemed like they were observing the crowds very closely and picking out aggressive individuals and groups then quickly arresting them.  I'm sure that they had some Intel on out of town rowdies.  Now we just have to get through Sharpton's visit at the end of the week...

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:13:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Cleveland PD also had undercover guys mixed in with the protestors.  The other thing that keeps downtown Cleveland somewhat safe is the fact that there are no ghetto apartments anywhere close to downtown.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Cleveland PD also had undercover guys mixed in with the protestors.  The other thing that keeps downtown Cleveland somewhat safe is the fact that there are no ghetto apartments anywhere close to downtown.
View Quote

Nope.  And all those people are now in the suburbs.  Thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The Rapid seems to be their favorite conveyance into Terminal Tower.  We quit riding it in from Green Road 5-6 years ago at Christmas time because it got pretty bad.  There used to be a lot of lights in Shaker Hts., then in the time span of about 2 years there were hardly any.  We liked going to TT to see the Nutcracker themed decorations and do a little shopping.  

It's not worth it anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Rapid seems to be their favorite conveyance into Terminal Tower.  We quit riding it in from Green Road 5-6 years ago at Christmas time because it got pretty bad.  There used to be a lot of lights in Shaker Hts., then in the time span of about 2 years there were hardly any.  We liked going to TT to see the Nutcracker themed decorations and do a little shopping.  

It's not worth it anymore.

We know a few people who live near Shaker Square. Yes, they really cut back on the Christmas lights in the past couple of years. One of our friends puts that down to Coral Company being huge cheapskates.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

From watching the live feeds on the news sites and listening in to a bit of the radio feed on broadcastify it seemed like they were observing the crowds very closely and picking out aggressive individuals and groups then quickly arresting them.  I'm sure that they had some Intel on out of town rowdies.  Now we just have to get through Sharpton's visit at the end of the week...

View Quote

Sharpton and his ilk are mad there was no looting and burning, so he's coming to try to stir things up

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#45]
My favorite radio host -- Michael Berry in Houston -- mentioned Cleveland and their Department of (In)Justice agreement.

Around the 9:40 mark
https://player.fm/1RHLHt
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:35:32 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Sharpton and his ilk are mad there was no looting and burning, so he's coming to try to stir things up

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup because we need another jackass trying to cause trouble in our city.  I think Holder and the DOJ did enough damage...

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:47:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Allerton Apartments at 13th and Chester are pretty ghetto.  Don't forget the CMHA complexes on the other side of the bridge.  The complexes on Cedar, Central, and Longwood aren't much of a hike, either.

UC guys acted pretty quickly, from what I heard, and the uniformed officers managed to corral a bunch (the majority of the 71 arrested) into an alleyway, where they were systematically removed.  Of course, word is that organizers were listening in on the communications, and relaying all of that information to agitators on the streets.  So, they did have that advantage.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Yup because we need another jackass trying to cause trouble in our city. I think Holder and the DOJ did enough damage...
View Quote

yepper. how does that old Italian phrase my Daddy told me 50 years go:

"Stir the sh** up and make it smell more."

or the other one:

"The empty barrel makes the loudest sound."

Soros and his puppets stink to high Heaven.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I was listening to the The Bob Frantz Show on 1420am this morning while I was working.  They were talking about an incident that took place over the weekend where CPD officers  may have
been led into an attempted ambush.  On Sunday they responded to an anonymous call on the east-side of the city reporting men brandishing guns.  Apparently when they arrived on the scene a man matching the
description from the call took off running.  In the course of the
ensuing foot chase CPD officers arriving to assist were  moving through a
field when they were fired upon from multiple positions, some of which may have been elevated.  Luckily no officers were shot during the incident.  The
CPPA President Steve Loomis was on the show this morning and confirmed
that the incident took place and that from his perspective it most
likely was an ambush.  There is no official story from the CPD on the
subject (I'm sure that they are still investigating the incident at this
point).
The news on the radio has been reporting on the foot chase and the
fact that shots were fired between the suspect and an officer but I have
heard no mention of the possibility that the incident could have been
part of an intentional ambush.  If these reports are true this is a bad development in the ongoing local and national story of media
fueled racial unrest.  Has anyone else heard anything about this?
Stay safe everyone, especially those of you who protect our communities.

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:32:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I was listening to the The Bob Frantz Show on 1420am this morning while I was working.  They were talking about an incident that took place over the weekend where CPD officers  may have been led into an attempted ambush.  On Sunday they responded to an anonymous call on the east-side of the city reporting men brandishing guns.  Apparently when they arrived on the scene a man matching the description from the call took off running.  In the course of the ensuing foot chase CPD officers arriving to assist were  moving through a field when they were fired upon from multiple positions, some of which may have been elevated.  Luckily no officers were shot during the incident.  The CPPA President Steve Loomis was on the show this morning and confirmed that the incident took place and that from his perspective it most likely was an ambush.  There is no official story from the CPD on the subject (I'm sure that they are still investigating the incident at this point).

The news on the radio has been reporting on the foot chase and the fact that shots were fired between the suspect and an officer but I have heard no mention of the possibility that the incident could have been part of an intentional ambush.  If these reports are true this is a bad development in the ongoing local and national story of media fueled racial unrest.  Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Stay safe everyone, especially those of you who protect our communities.

View Quote

I hadn't heard of it but one of the guys at the station was talking about it tonight.

I did find this AP story

Page / 3
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top