Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2015 10:56:19 AM EDT
My wife and I are going camping at one of the state parks over Memorial Day weekend.  I know Ohio just started recognizing my GA weapons carry license (our CCW).  I know if I have an encounter with a flying tire salesman or other LEO, I'm to notify them that I'm carrying.  What are the laws pertaining to carrying in a state park campground in plain english?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Your answers are in here. http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/ohio.pdf
Scroll about halfway down for carry in state park section.

What park are you visiting?

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your answers are in here. http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/ohio.pdfScroll about halfway down for carry in state park section.
What park are you visiting?

View Quote

Buck Creek with the family for the weekend, visitng Grandpa at Dayton National Cemetery on Monday, and then home on Tues morning.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
W-E-L-C-O-M-E

BROTHER!

If you need anything while you're up here, just holler!

BNA
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I can tell you the most entertaining thing to do on C.J. that weekend. Take a lawn chair down to the boat ramp and watch the show. It's usually the first time of the year that folks around here get on the water and it gets crazy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#5]
It says buildings are off limits but I thought we could CCW in the crapper at rest stops and park bathrooms.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:31:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can tell you the most entertaining thing to do on C.J. that weekend. Take a lawn chair down to the boat ramp and watch the show. It's usually the first time of the year that folks around here get on the water and it gets crazy.
View Quote

Some of the funniest things I've ever seen were at a boat ramp.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#8]
You are can carry in restrooms etc, the Ohio Revised Code clarifies that they only ban in a building

"that is not a building that is used primarily as a shelter, restroom, parking facility for motor vehicles, or rest facility and is not a courthouse or other building or structure in which a courtroom is located"

Quoted:
It says buildings are off limits but I thought we could CCW in the crapper at rest stops and park bathrooms.
View Quote

JLE
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:13:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:30:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You don't "notify" during "encounters."

You notify if stopped for law enforcement purposes in your vehicle.

-- Chuck
View Quote

fixed
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:26:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to Ohio.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top