Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/22/2015 9:53:54 PM EDT
Staying at the Commodore Resort.

Using Miller Ferry.

What are the gun laws?  What about transport on the ferry?

What should I look for to do?

And...  GO!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Staying at the Commodore Resort.

Using Miller Ferry.

What are the gun laws?  What about transport on the ferry?

What should I look for to do?

And...  GO!
View Quote

You should be drinking.

If you rent a cart or moped don't drink on it, they love giving DUI's to people on mopeds or golf carts.

Go see Mad Dog at the Round House.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:06:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure that you're not supposed to carry on the ferry.

The PD over there is kind of corrupt, but they are working on it.

Drink, have fun, but not too much fun. Make sure that you either walk or have a DD.

In all honesty, you might want to just leave the CC at home. Its a fairly safe place for someone who can walk away from an alcohol fueled argument.

Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:09:44 AM EDT
[#3]
This time of year Put in Bay will be a ghost town..............
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:25:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty sure that you're not supposed to carry on the ferry.

The PD over there is kind of corrupt, but they are working on it.

Drink, have fun, but not too much fun. Make sure that you either walk or have a DD.

In all honesty, you might want to just leave the CC at home. Its a fairly safe place for someone who can walk away from an alcohol fueled argument.

Just my opinion.
View Quote

He has a point. It'd be hard to get into the type of trouble that would require it in the island.

It might be easier to leave it behind.

Are you taking your car over on the ferry? That would probably change my answer.,
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:31:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone!  I think I'll just leave it at home for this trip.  Could leave it in the car but not a fan of leaving it unattended even in the trunk for 2 days like that.

Ghost Town... Yea, Im expecting some of the places to not be open yet.  My first trip there and this is more of a Recon trip than anything...  Oh and it is Bachelorette Party weekend though!  So theres that! LOL

Staying at the Commodore.  I'll probably have my Arfcom ball cap on if anyone else is on the island this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Is the purpose of your visit to see as few hotties in bikinis as possible? If so, you picked the perfect time of the year to attend.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is the purpose of your visit to see as few hotties in bikinis as possible? If so, you picked the perfect time of the year to attend.
View Quote
LOL!  Not at all.

My buddy and I were planning to hit Nashville this weekend.  But there is some marathon race going on and I am not going to pay $400 a night for a hotel room.

He is on the board of one of the local Catholic Church festivals and is going to be too busy to get away til August.  This was a planned weekend for the hell of it.  We have never been to PIB before and thought we would go scout it out since its not too bad of a drive from north of Cincy.  This is a "Recon" weekend.

That said...  It is supposed to be Bachelorette Party weekend!

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I would wait until August and go somewhere else. There are plenty of places within 3-4 hours of Cincinnati.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:27:51 AM EDT
[#11]
The Island area is basically Memorial Day to Labor Day, not much happening yet this time of year. I would think most of the 'seasonal" places are probably still shuttered, in fact I'm surprised the ferry is running yet........................
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Bring a good jacket! It'll be cold and windy out there whether or not it feels fine on the mainland.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top