Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2015 5:02:17 PM EDT
Will Kasich run?  Would you vote for him (in the primary)?  Does he stand a chance?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely not.  Establishment and shakes hands with Obama sometimes.  Good for state gun rights to me but national.  No, keep him home.  Better options out there anyway.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#2]
If he wants to run he had decide quickly!

There's to many big names in the race already.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Absolutely not.  Establishment and shakes hands with Obama sometimes.  Good for state gun rights to me but national.  No, keep him home.  Better options out there anyway.
View Quote

Yup. I'm guessing he will run. I will NOT vote for him. He might have more a chance than Rubio, but he is one of those moderate republicans, like Pat Tiberi. Just look up his Medicare expansion.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]

I don't LOVE the guy, but he'd be a better pick than Romney or McCain.   This is how I see it:

- He took on the public unions.  Yes, he lost, but at least he gave it a pretty good shot.

- Gun rights have continued to slowly improve in Ohio.  No, he didn't do much on this account, but he didn't do anything to HINDER it either.  I'm sure gun owners in places like Colorado or NY would love

to have a governor like this.

- The economy in Ohio seems to have picked up.  No talk of stupid inner-state monorails, or whatever that crap Strickland was proposing.

- Ohio is a swing state, and being from here, he might have a better chance of winning it.

Kasich isn't GREAT, but I'd rather vote for him over the above two mentioned people or Christie, Bush, or Rubio.  The chances of us ever getting a perfect candidate are slim.  But if we can get one that's not terrible, he deserves our support.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I certainly wouldn't vote for him while guys like Paul and Cruz are in the race.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I like him as our governor but I wouldn't support a run for president.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I certainly wouldn't vote for him while guys like Paul and Cruz are in the race.
View Quote

Exactly!
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like him as our governor but I wouldn't support a run for president.
View Quote

Same here. And yes, I believe he's going to run.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't LOVE the guy, but he'd be a better pick than Romney or McCain.   This is how I see it:

- He took on the public unions.  Yes, he lost, but at least he gave it a pretty good shot.
- Gun rights have continued to slowly improve in Ohio.  No, he didn't do much on this account, but he didn't do anything to HINDER it either.  I'm sure gun owners in places like Colorado or NY would love
  to have a governor like this.
- The economy in Ohio seems to have picked up.  No talk of stupid inner-state monorails, or whatever that crap Strickland was proposing.
- Ohio is a swing state, and being from here, he might have a better chance of winning it.

Kasich isn't GREAT, but I'd rather vote for him over the above two mentioned people or Christie, Bush, or Rubio.  The chances of us ever getting a perfect candidate are slim.  But if we can get one that's not terrible, he deserves our support.

View Quote

This was the biggest political blunder in the past 20 years. A vast majority of public union members (cops, firefighters, etc) were firm conservatives and voted R despite who their union endorsed. After the SB5 debacle, a lot of those same cops and firefighters have swore off the republican party. There is no doubt in my mind it put the 2012 election in Ohio firmly in Democratic hands.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Yet Scott Walker was able to enact union reforms in a state more liberal than Ohio, beat a recall, and win reelection.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yet Scott Walker was able to enact union reforms in a state more liberal than Ohio, beat a recall, and win reelection.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#12]
This is my voting card so far: cruz/paul tied for first followed by walker and then I would pick kasich for 3rd place if he ran. Actually I might pick him ahead of walker since kasich has been good on gun rights.

Kasich signed some legislation that cleaned up conceal regs. if I remember correclty a month or so after sandy hook happened when it was popular to hate guns.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

...this is true, ...walker definitely has the cred of being the most resilient under fire...  
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#14]
..I think i'd prefer Kasich to stay here and continue to sign pro-gun reforms...  
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
..I think i'd prefer Kasich to stay here and continue to sign pro-gun reforms...  
View Quote

I agree with you. There's to many big name Republicans either in the race or will declare soon.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's hard to argue with.

In fact, I'm just going to agree.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

He wouldn't have my support in a Presidential primary.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 5:24:18 AM EDT
[#19]
He's about 4th or 5th in line for me to vote for him in the primaries. He could win, but nobody really knows much about him outside of Ohio.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Keep signing pro-gun bills and lowering income tax to shift us towards the fairtax model would make me much happier.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I'm starting to think that Kasich is really auditioning for the VP spot on the Republican ticket.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm starting to think that Kasich is really auditioning for the VP spot on the Republican ticket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Ugh. Why go to Washington to be useless when he can stay here and keep signing pro-gun stuff, as stated before?

Unless...what if he's just signing this stuff to appease the conservative voters and would go back to his 1994 AWB roots.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Signing stuff to appease voters is fine by me. Unless it's unconstitutional, that's what he should be doing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#24]
He can't run again for Gov.I would rather see him in the Senate.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Wouldn't be surprised if he runs.  I will NOT vote for him.  He's done a few good things here and there, but overall he's been a big disappointment.  My opinion is that he's in it purely for the power, seems to bend whichever way he thinks will promote him to the next level.  I have no respect for him.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#26]
He doesn't stand a chance if he runs.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top