Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/24/2015 12:06:34 AM EDT
Looks like I'm going to be in Dayton for most of March.  Anything going on in that area?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:21:24 AM EDT
[#1]
NCAA basketball tournament is mid March
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:35:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure about specific events, but there are a bunch of folks in the area.  We can get together, go shooting, hit the USAF Museum, 2nd Street Market, be snooty bourbon drinkers at the Century Bar, whatever you like.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
we should do a Pizza night at Marions one night...beer and pizza whats not to like
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
What are you looking to do while in Dayton?  
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I just googled Marions pizza, and I once again fnd myself growing fond of Ohio.  Seems you guys know what pizza is supposed to look like.

I am definitely game for that.

And, am I the only one that can't stop staring at Sniper69's avatar?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
we should do a Pizza night at Marions one night...beer and pizza whats not to like
View Quote

Or maybe Pies and Pints at the Greene or BJs at Austin Landing?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pies and Pints is pretty awesome, as is LaRosa's (native Cincinnatian here).
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#9]
We got a Marion's and a Milano's down here in West Chester in the last couple years.  Both Dayton staples.

I like them both but if I had to pick, I'd rather go to Milano's.  They have great pizza and great subs.  One thing that i absolutely hate about Marion's and it keeps us out of there is they act like fountain drinks are gold.  You buy it buy the glass or pitcher vs. every other place on the planet where you buy a drink for $2 or whatever and it's free refills.  Marion's has lost a crap ton of business from me as I coach a select baseball team and we go out after most of the games and never even consider Marion's because of the way they sell drinks.

If you want to shoot I think Miamisburg Sportsmans Club shoots informal USPSA on Monday nights.  $9 don't have to be a member to shoot.

EDIT:  Sorry, Marion's is in Mason not West Chester.  But so close to West Chester it doesn't matter.  A few miles down the road is Milano's which is in West Chester.  Both are in Dayton, multiple locations I think.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#10]

This is now on my calendar for March.  Thanks!

I'm still thinking Pies & Pints sounds like a winner.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#11]
if you want good Italian food, Mama DiSalvo's is awesome!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#12]
If craft beers are to your liking, Bunkers near the airport in Vandalia has like 42 on tap. so Marion's for dinner followed by a few tall beverages?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#13]
The Air Force Museum is worth a visit if you've never been there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:05:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:35:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

I gotta stop at Marion's every time I come back into town.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm in for a Pies & Pints or Marion's arfcom get together.

I'd vote for P&P, but either is good.

What are the dates you're in town?
View Quote

Pies & pints great place but depending on number of people may be a challenge....marions set up to handle groups
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm in for a Pies & Pints or Marion's arfcom get together.

I'd vote for P&P, but either is good.

What are the dates you're in town?
View Quote

Just rolled in a little over an hour ago. Here through the 26th, it seems. Seeing the geezers talk about jumping into Krautlandia looks promising.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:57:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Where you camping out at ?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm down for a get-together. Never been to P&P at the Green, but I live pretty close to Austin Landing, so BJ's works, too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Depending on the day I'd be game to make the hour drive from Cbus.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Depending on the day I'd be game to make the hour drive from Cbus.
View Quote
Yeah, I'll come up from Cincinnati.  Its only 45 min for me.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hope Hotel near / on Wright Pat.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If your into Korean food - Yung's cafe on Kaufman (about 5 minutes or less by car from the gate) has excellent Korean Food.  They give an active duty mil discount at lunch time (the place always seems to be packed at lunch).  If you need an actual address for GPS, let me know.  Also while in the area - Bill's donuts in Centerville (open 24/7) is a great donut shop and was voted to be in the top 50 donut shops in the US).  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If your into Korean food - Yung's cafe on Kaufman (about 5 minutes or less by car from the gate) has excellent Korean Food.  They give an active duty mil discount at lunch time (the place always seems to be packed at lunch).  If you need an actual address for GPS, let me know.  Also while in the area - Bill's donuts in Centerville (open 24/7) is a great donut shop and was voted to be in the top 50 donut shops in the US).  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I'll head there now. I saw a lot of Korean food places, and had to laugh because of the AF Base.

This coming Saturday evening is now officially off the plate for me, but I am still going to do the Germantown thing if anyone's game, and am game for anything else on subsequent weekends or Sundays.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Yung's Cafe, also known as Myong's cafe to those who read the sign over the door, whose still-remaining M contrasts nicely with the main sign creating a deliciously authentic "fuck, why replace a perfectly good sign" atmosphere, is a treasure.

But, let me warn you, when they say spicy, they mean it.

But also, wow, so good.

So very, very good.

Sadly, it is priced accordingly.  2 Cass beers and a Dak Kalbi set me back over 26 dollars.  

They have true Kalbi on the menu, but were out.  It's like 24 bucks for a plate!

The portions are very generous, though, and could feasibly be split among a couple.

As for me, I am stuffed, satiated, and satisfied.  I will sleep well, and probably shit fire tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think I'll head there now. I saw a lot of Korean food places, and had to laugh because of the AF Base.

This coming Saturday evening is now officially off the plate for me, but I am still going to do the Germantown thing if anyone's game, and am game for anything else on subsequent weekends or Sundays.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you headed over to Yung's, how did you like the food?  I usually get the bibimbap and my oldest likes the bulgogi.  From what I recall, they even make there own Kimchi there.  IT doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside is clean and the food is excellent (in my opinion ).  (Edit:  I see your post above mine, I guess that answers my question.   ).

If there are any types of foods that you like - there are a decent amount of restaurants in the area.  For Vietnamese or Chinese - Linh's Bistro on Airway is one of the better places.  For Indian food - Jeet Indian (close to the mall in Beavercreek) has good food.  Elsa's has good Mexican style food.  Cherry Tree Cafe in Beavercreek has decent food and great pies (there peanut butter pie is tasty). (Warning Cherry Tree cafe seems hippyish at times, lol).

When ever the get together is planned for - I'll do my darndest to make it - I'm usually able to plan for most evenings except Tuesday.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yung's Cafe, also known as Myong's cafe to those who read the sign over the door, who's still-remaining M contrasts nicely with the main sign creating a deliciously authentic "fuck, why replace a perfectly good sign" atmosphere, is a treasure.

But also, wow, so good.

So very, very good.

Sadly, it is priced accordingly.  2 Cass beers and a Dak Kalbi set me back over 26 dollars.  

They have true Kalbi on the menu, but were out.  It's like 24 bucks for a plate!

The portions are very generous, though, and could feasibly be split among a couple.

As for me, I am stuffed, satiated, and satisfied.  I will sleep well, and probably shit fire tomorrow.
View Quote

Did you get the spice level of 5, lol?  I usually get a spice level of 4 (on a scale of 1 to 5) and it is a nice pleasant spice at the number 4 level.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Did you get the spice level of 5, lol?  I usually get a spice level of 4 (on a scale of 1 to 5) and it is a nice pleasant spice at the number 4 level.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yung's Cafe, also known as Myong's cafe to those who read the sign over the door, who's still-remaining M contrasts nicely with the main sign creating a deliciously authentic "fuck, why replace a perfectly good sign" atmosphere, is a treasure.

But also, wow, so good.

So very, very good.

No, it was only level 3! I laughed when she went over the levels, as it reminded me of some Thai places. I asked they lady, "what is it supposed to be?" She said, "I'll het you level 3."

I think it was a trick to sell extra beer. FWIW, that Cass unfiltered is damn fine beer - the perfect antidote to beer snobbery, and the ideal drink with that spicy chicken.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll probably be at the WW2 event on Saturday.  It'll just depend on how crazy things get Friday night (my birthday ... yeah, shameless plug ).

I'm also working a double starting at 23:00 tonight until 15:00 tomorrow.  If you want to get lunch or something, PM me and I'll shoot you my phone number.

ETA: or breakfast - First Watch is just across the street from where I work
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How's the 21st for everyone?    A few weeks out should be easier to plan for more people.
View Quote

Circle the calendar
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Can't believe no one has mentioned skyline chili yet, you have to at least try it!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Can't believe no one has mentioned skyline chili yet, you have to at least try it!
View Quote

I think I just lost my appetite, lol.  

Cincinnati style chili is different.  I know some people who really like it.  Some say it is the best thing since wonder bread, etc.  As for me, I tried it once and after choking it down, said to myself - never again.  

Now a good Tex Mex style chili - you could call me most anything, just don't call me late for supper.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

OOooh. No.  They need to hide these lol.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

Indeed.  Skyline chili is the food of the gods.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm also stuck here at WPAFB TDY, but only till the 21st.  (Check your PM Bohr_Adam)  I'm out the weekend of St. Paddy's, but every other week/end night is open.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#38]
If anyone's going to the WW2 event in Germantown on Saturday, I'll be wearing a TAD jacket and a First Spear ball cap.

I should be easily identifiable for you to talk to, or avoid me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Just look for a guy trying not to look like Dr. Evil.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If anyone's going to the WW2 event in Germantown on Saturday, I'll be wearing a TAD jacket and a First Spear ball cap.

I should be easily identifiable for you to talk to, or avoid me.

Just look for a guy trying not to look like Dr. Evil.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

You just need a bald cat.
View Quote

I have three dogs.  A bald cat would confuse them for a minute, but then they would eat it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#43]
The event at the Veterans Memorial Museum was a good time.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#44]
I wish I'd been able to go.  My wife double booked us and the other event won out....
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Wish I knew more about the area. It's waaaaaay out of the way for me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Not as bad when you have an open invite of a free bed to sleep in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wish I knew more about the area. It's waaaaaay out of the way for me.

Not as bad when you have an open invite of a free bed to sleep in.

True. You're a good cuddler.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:30:06 AM EDT
[#48]
St. Patrick's Day.  

Wife and I will be heading to Murphy's Pub & Grille on Wilmington Pike.  We're going to try and get there around 4:00 or so depending on when she gets away from work.

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#49]
so is there still a get together in the plans for the 21st?  I figure I better ask as it is the 20th, lol.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
so is there still a get together in the plans for the 21st?  I figure I better ask as it is the 20th, lol.  
View Quote

If so, it wil be without the OP. I'm taking off to Detroit for the weekend now. I was able to link up with two folks while here. I'll have to call that success.

Marion's pizza is not bad, FWIW. not sure why they cut the pieces so small, though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top