Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2015 2:08:18 PM EDT
A guy told me you can't have hollow point bullets in your concealed carry. I looked online but can't find anything on it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A guy told me you can't have hollow point bullets in your concealed carry. I looked online but can't find anything on it.
View Quote

Whoever told you that is full of it, Ohio has no restrictions on the types of ammunition your allowed to carry in your CCW pistol or any other firearm for that matter. The only state I'm aware of that has such a restriction is New Jersey.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be dumb to not carry an expanding bullet. There is no such law in Ohio.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#3]
That's what I thought. Thank you so much. Any link to this law so I can show this idiot would be great.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's what I thought. Thank you so much. Any link to this law so I can show this idiot would be great.
View Quote

There is no law at all.  Our Conceal Handgun laws do not require or ban any types of legal ammunition.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It would be dumb to not carry an expanding bullet. There is no such law in Ohio.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Since it is often difficult to prove a negative, just ask him to show you exactly where in the ORC, or anywhere else, the restriction is written.  Usually, this is when they flounder, and then claim you will get sued if you ever use them in a self-defense shooting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#8]
i carry an AR pistol for CCW in my car
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:31:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

In a similar vein, I was at a cigar shop with a friend in Canton just a couple of days ago, and one of the patrons noticed I was carrying my Glock.  He later approached me and claimed that he was a CCW instructor and that (in his own words) "what you're carrying is considered in court to be an offensive weapon."

Then, he proceeded to openly show off EVERYTHING he was carrying, namely, a Taurus Millennium, a 357 Magnum revolver, and two kubotans, and then proceeded to brag about his credit card knife and the fact that one of his old "Border Patrol buddies" called him up to ask for his services to train new agents in martial arts.

Where do these blowhards come from, and why do they spout such bullshit?

ETA: I didn't mean to hijack the thread, sorry.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:35:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh, and btw, you'll want hollow points when you CCW.  Full metal jacket bullets tend to over penetrate, which can lead to ALL KINDS of problems.  And, as others have said, there is nothing in the ORC about what type of rounds you may use.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:01:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Tell him OH isn't spelled NJ.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tell him OH isn't spelled NJ.
View Quote

This is what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

how can u link to a law that dont exist?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

You SHOULD have hollow point bullets in your concealed carry gun.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In a similar vein, I was at a cigar shop with a friend in Canton just a couple of days ago, and one of the patrons noticed I was carrying my Glock.  He later approached me and claimed that he was a CCW instructor and that (in his own words) "what you're carrying is considered in court to be an offensive weapon."

Then, he proceeded to openly show off EVERYTHING he was carrying, namely, a Taurus Millennium, a 357 Magnum revolver, and two kubotans, and then proceeded to brag about his credit card knife and the fact that one of his old "Border Patrol buddies" called him up to ask for his services to train new agents in martial arts.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:02:22 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.gopusa.com/news/files/2013/01/gun_show.jpg

Yup
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:12:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell your friend to start reading all of Chapter 2923 of the ORC (here) and ask him to find it. Bet him $100 that he can't.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:19:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HOLY SHIT. you met Gecko45?!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:20:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

also, did you happen to catch his name? or where he works (if a gun store)? id like to avoid that place.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

also, did you happen to catch his name? or where he works (if a gun store)? id like to avoid that place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1. Or maybe we'd like to know where to find him just for the entertainment value. He was probably a door gunner on the space shuttle too if you get him talking long enough.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, and I wasn't about to ask.  He should be easy to spot, though.  Just look for a guy with a booming voice, a mustache, a pot belly, and wearing a Browning ball cap
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

+1. Or maybe we'd like to know where to find him just for the entertainment value. He was probably a door gunner on the space shuttle too if you get him talking long enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I imagine he's been LOTS OF THINGS to all kinds of different people.  On second thought, maybe I will ask for his business card if I see him again.  God knows, we could all use some laughs
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#23]
The dude that told me about the hollow point bullet thing is a compulsive liar. I call him Crazy Mike. He is also always trying to trade me his RC helicopters for things. He is annoying and I'm glad I don't live by him anymore.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top