Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 5:38:05 AM EDT
A former “Multicultural Relations” officer at the Ohio Department of Homeland Security (OHS), who was terminated for falsifying his background and for lying about being fired from an earlier teaching position at a community college for improper sexual relations with a female student, filed a notice today in Ohio state court dismissing his “defamation” lawsuit filed against several national security experts. In the lawsuit, Omar Alomari claimed that counter-terrorism experts Stephen Coughlin, John Guandolo, Patrick Poole, and Todd Sheets had defamed him by exposing his role as a former high-ranking official in the Jordanian government and his ties to terrorist organizations. The American Freedom Law Center (AFLC) represents the counter-terrorism experts in this litigation.
View Quote

Muslim Who Claimed "Defamation" Drops Suit Aginst Those Exposing His Jihad Background

A few questions are rattling around in my noggin post 9-11, Patriot Day, on this one:

#1 My "gut feeling" is that Ohio's Department of Homeland Security was sure eager to get an authentic "Middle Eastener" on board.

#2 Why can private parties do background checks and research that the State of Ohio failed to do or willfully ignored?

#3 Is the above yet another episode of "political correctness?" or "window dressing hiring?" [which may eventually wind up killing Ohioans]

...some revealing reader's comments on this:

“Alomari authored a brochure entitled, “Agents of Radicalization,” which promoted several Muslim groups as “organizations we [OHS] are working with. Several of these groups, which included CAIR and the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), have been linked to terrorism by the Department of Justice and the FBI. In fact, CAIR and ISNA were unindicted co-conspirators in the largest terrorism financing trial ever brought by the Department of Justice. Thousands of the brochures were eventually destroyed after OHS discovered the misleading materials.”

and

“In 2005, the Ohio Department of Public Safety’s Office of Homeland Security (OHS) hired Alomari to work as a liaison between OHS and Ohio’s Muslim communities. In this capacity, and as a means for ‘EDUCATING’ OHS on Islamic “cultural competency issues,” Alomari wrote and published “A Guide to Arabic and Islamic Culture.
In this document, Alomari defined jihad as “the BENIGN pursuit of personal betterment.

In addition, Alomari wrote that jihad “MAY BE applied to physical conflict for Muslims, but ONLY in the arena of Muslims DEFENDING themselves when attacked or when attempting to overthrow oppression and occupation. Alomari also noted that “Jihad as a holy war is a European invention, spread in the West.”

Question: Mr. Mike DeWine, OH A/G and Gov. Kasich, GOV.-- What's going on here?

Let's cut the crap and start sifting things out for the truth, eh?

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, it's scary that it is that easy to infiltrate HOMELAND SECURITY.  It sounds like infiltrating was exactly what he was doing...

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, it's scary that it is that easy to infiltrate HOMELAND SECURITY. It sounds like infiltrating was exactly what he was doing...
View Quote

You read my mind, Brother!

How in the name of Heaven does the State of Ohio vet people like this in these super-sensitive positions?

...it boggles the mind...
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Well aren't things like this the reason we have AR 15s? Because we know we are not protected by the police or the govt.
But in some states an AR 15 is not a legitimate self defense weapon???
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:10:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How in the name of Heaven does the State of Ohio vet people like this in these super-sensitive positions?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wow, it's scary that it is that easy to infiltrate HOMELAND SECURITY. It sounds like infiltrating was exactly what he was doing...

Like a lot of .gov hiring I guess the vetting process gets a bit looser if you are of the "right" ethnic background...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Like a lot of .gov hiring I guess the vetting process gets a bit looser if you are of the "right" ethnic background...
View Quote

ROGER!

...all men are created equal....

'bout time we started getting back to basics.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top