Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2014 1:32:39 PM EDT
You can still get Lawson's chip dip at Circle K? I just found out. I have to get some to see if it is as good as I remember.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]
A lot of the local stop and robs around here sell it.

Cleveland burbs
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Lawson's....wow, that name brings back some memories
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Yesm it is just as good as I remember the original being.  Been nom'ing it for a few years now.  Best with Nacho Cheese Doritos, plain Ruffles, and Frito's Scoops.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yesm it is just as good as I remember the original being.  Been nom'ing it for a few years now.  Best with Nacho Cheese Doritos, plain Ruffles, and Frito's Scoops.
View Quote

Kettle chips or thick cut bacon might work, too
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:02:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Mmm...Lawsons...
I remember being a kid and spending the night at my grandma's house.
She'd buy me either a bag of pretzels or a can of Pringles and a tub of Lawsons chip dip and we would stay up late and I'd eat the whole damn thing while grandma and I watched Benny Hill; she was a HUGE Benny Hill fan!

What's interesting is my grandparents had once owned a dairy that made, among other things, chip dip. My mother talked about having/eating gallons of the stuff when she was a kid.
Grandma must've thought it was pretty good to buy it for me!
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:20:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Charlie's Chips (from the tin) and Lawson's dip were staples at my aunt ant uncle's house where we would have most of our family gatherings.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:21:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, we get Lawson's every once in a while.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#10]
You've been missing out all these years.  We have gotten it since I was a kid.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I dont eat chips. They're bad for you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Never heard of it
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:34:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Dang!

You CAN go back to a more sane, logical, and tasty Ohio!

Lawson's Chip Dip--BRING IT!

COURTIER: "Your Highness, the people are rioting in the streets. they say they have no bread to eat...."

QUEEN ANTOINETTE: "Then let them eat Lawson's Chip Dip!"
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:53:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Never heard of it - but I guess that's because I'm a relocated east coaster.

Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for it, and I will add that Penzey's chip dip is pretty good too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Lawson's also had excellent "Longhorn Colby" cheese.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been getting it there for a few years.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Charlie's Chips (from the tin) and Lawson's dip were staples at my aunt ant uncle's house where we would have most of our family gatherings.
View Quote

Salem potato chips, FTW.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:02:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Salem potato chips, FTW.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Salem potato chips, FTW.

I don't remember those...
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Salem potato chips, FTW.

A company started in Akron in the 20's by Kareem Salem, a Lebanese immigrant. A factory tour was an annual field trip for most of Akron City Schools for kids in 1st or 2nd grade. I think they closed in the 70's.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:49:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Salem potato chips, FTW.

A company started in Akron in the 20's by Kareem Salem, a Lebanese immigrant. A factory tour was an annual field trip for most of Akron City Schools for kids in 1st or 2nd grade. I think they closed in the 70's.

Sounds like a cool trip.

Did you guys also get the coupons in school each year for the free mug of A&W root beer? We used to get one every year in grade school.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:01:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Salem potato chips, FTW.

Awesome! That's that's a perfect example of when they still used to teach us about The American Dream in school.  How things have changed...
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Lawson's with Shearer's kettle cooked chips.
Haven't found Lawson's down this way in a few years, but $5 for a 3 lb bag of chips at the Shearer's store is awesome.
Natural jalapeno for the win.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Salem potato chips, FTW.

Sounds like a cool trip.

Did you guys also get the coupons in school each year for the free mug of A&W root beer? We used to get one every year in grade school.

They gave us a free baq of chips. Kids love that shit.

I was in elementary school in Akron from 69 to 76. We got all kinds of handouts from various businesses in those days. I don't remember getting one from A&W, but going to the one at Tallmadge Circle was always a special treat when we were kids. Dog & Suds in North Hill too. We had great field trips in those days. Salem's, The canal boat in Canal Fulton, The Old Stone School, Simon Perkins mansion, Hale Farm, Cleveland Zoo, Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. A week iof camp at Camp Y-Noah. They took us to Washington D.C. in 3rd grade. 3rd F'n grade. 8 year olds, Dude. The Nixon White House put on a great tour.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#26]
For the the NW Ohio guys. Circle K's in Toledo area carry the now defunct Sterling stores chip dip as well as Lawsons.  I like Ballreichs chips from Tiffin  Ohio and Sterling dip.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top