Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/17/2014 1:19:14 AM EDT
Hello everyone,

I recently moved and lost my long range shooting grounds and decided a 223 would be better than wasting  260 rem rounds for the close range shooting I'm limited to. I was planning on re barreling my 260 but can't come to terms so  I picked up a basic  savage stevens 22-250. I'm getting  ready to place my barrel order and thought I should have a place line up that can take the old barrel off and put the new one on.

I know just buy the tools...it's easy...you'll use them again...etc but that's not what I want to do at this time.

So any recommendations in the newark area to re barrel my savage ?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the Howard, OH 43028  area I could help you out. I'm just a hobbyist at this stuff, but work with Savages pretty frequently. Are you doing any shooting at Rayner's?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of 260 do you have?  I have been looking for one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Savage action
Shilen blued Match grade 1:8
Choate varmint stock
Versa pod
Vortex 5-15 (midway exclusive a few years ago)
Vortex rings
20 moa rail bedded.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#4]
your location?.. im in medina, have all the tools needed, built 6 or 7 now...
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm located in newark ohio. I'm at a standstill until this Sunday  on if I'm re barreling or not. Thank you for your offer and I'll post back either way
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Member  "swingset" in Granville ??   I know at 1 time he was into Savage
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:52:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Whitetail Gunsmithing is loudenville ohio is awesome for this kind of work. They also do 10$ ffl transfers
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:53:15 AM EDT
[#8]
That's a kick ass deal for 10 bucks! Good information! !
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a kick ass deal for 10 bucks! Good information! !
View Quote

I had three lowers transferred on the same 4473 and he still only charged 10$ I gave him 20$ though anyways, just because I appreciate him being there.

Super nice guy, usually always has the receivers/guns logged in, in advance and ready for you when you get there so the transfer literally takes a couple minutes.

I've had him drill and tap some SG receivers and he does great work. A++++ shop!! Just wish he was a class 3 so he could do suppressors.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Member  "swingset" in Granville ??   I know at 1 time he was into Savage

View Quote

I've barreled a bunch of them...super easy, but alas my stuff is all in storage for a move. Should be an easy swap at any gunsmith. Wrench, vise, gauges, presto change-o.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top