Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2014 12:18:42 PM EDT
Thanks to those who responded to this thread a couple of months ago. My friend and I will definitely be going to Select Fire in Berea to shoot. Glad to see they have a reduced rate $6 for the second person on a lane.

Couple of other questions for the folks who know Select Fire. These might be stupid questions, but I'm used to dealing with a lot of derp here in IL with us having just gotten CCW.

1. Will I be able to wear my EDC into the range and unholster it at the bench or will I have to unload, case it up, and bring it in that way?

2. Is photography allowed? aka can I take pics of my friend shooting.

Thanks!

8/24 update: We shot at Select Fire yesterday (8/23). Really nice place. I was absolutely shocked, given my experience with several ranges in IL, that there was not a big line first thing on Saturday morning when they opened. We were the only ones on the range besides one other person. It apparently was packed on Friday night, per the Navy Sea Bee who was there to shoot a rifle (he hadn't wanted to wait an hour on Friday evening). My friend had an issue with her back when she woke up on Saturday morning, and the normal shooting stance hurt, so she only put about 20 rounds through my new M&P 9 (which she did VERY well with) and a mag through my 9mm Shield (recoil was too much for her). She was very disappointed she wasn't able to shoot more, as she was having fun after the first couple of shots. She went out to sit in the shop while I shot some more (I was told to keep going). It was the first time taking M&P 9 out (I'd just picked it up Tuesday),so I wanted to put more rounds through it. Performed flawlessly and I did well with it.

Took pic of my friend's best target and put it on FB to make her lib friends' heads explode. So far, no one has responded negatively.

I will definitely be going back to Select Fire the next time I'm in NE Ohio. It reminds me a lot of the range I belong to in Crystal Lake, IL (On Target), except Select Fire is more expensive, which surprised me. I do like that they have a range officer observing at all times. Even On Target, as good as it is, doesn't have that, although an RO pokes his head in pretty often.

ETA 2: when I called SF on Friday to find out their polices, I found out they don't like to pick up the phone. They prefer an email. So I sent one. Got an answer that afternoon. Photography is OK.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:27:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:52:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Come out to my range and do what ever you want as long as it's done in a safe manner.

Oh, and there's no fee.
View Quote

Really? Where are you located? My friend lives in Bay Village and we don't want too far a drive.

Thank you for the offer.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:03:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#4]
1. Definite yes. I live a few min from there and I have brought my CCW on me every time. RO didnt think twice about me pulling it off my body midway through my time there to heat it up.

2. IDK for sure. But I cant see them having any issues with taking pics. Im sure a quick phone call could clarify that.

Place is a bit expensive, but very clean and a nice facility. Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:37:32 AM EDT
[#5]
If it's cased they want you to take out the pistol at the shooting station. I have seen people using holsters though, didn't see if they carried in. I like the fact that they have range officers, they do a good job of making sure everybody is safe without too much intrusion. Oh, pics are OK.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:55:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You know Marie, we will need an AAR when you are finished.
View Quote

An AAR is in my original post.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You know Marie, we will need an AAR when you are finished.

Glad you you had a great time out here!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's a hike from Bay Village, I'm about and hour and 20 mins east of Hopkins airport.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come out to my range and do what ever you want as long as it's done in a safe manner.

Oh, and there's no fee.

Really? Where are you located? My friend lives in Bay Village and we don't want too far a drive.

Thank you for the offer.

It's a hike from Bay Village, I'm about and hour and 20 mins east of Hopkins airport.
where?  A&A ?

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top