BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 4:13:17 PM EDT
The wife, daughter and myself are going to Venice Florida from Columbus Ohio

Would you suggest going :

Route 75 or 77/95 ?

Not really interested in sight seeing along the way.  Just the fastest / easiest way there.

Thanks !
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
We would always go down 77.  I spent a lot of time in Venice as a kid.  Good place to fund sharks teeth and fossils on the beach.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We would always go down 77.  I spent a lot of time in Venice as a kid.  Good place to fund sharks teeth and fossils on the beach.
View Quote

Yes.  You barely even have to look for the sharks' teeth.  Damn near any black dot on the beach is a fossilized tooth.  Pretty cool.  I brought home a bunch.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Go 77.   Be careful of your speed on 33 near Logan, it is 55 for awhile.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:12:27 AM EDT
[#4]
might want to check before you take 77
I saw on the news that a truck fire resulted in a tunnel being closed for a few days
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:50:32 PM EDT
[#5]
My kids grandparents use to live in the south end of Venice, sometimes we was down there two times a year. I always drove. I took 71 and picked up 75 in Kentucky. 75 has 2 or 3 exits for Venice, 15 to 20 minutes you are in Venice. 77 takes you to the East coast of Florida if I remember, then you need to drive across the state.

One thing I always planned the drive around was the time of day when getting to Atlanta. I would plan to hit Atlanta around 2 to 3 A.M. I would stay on 75 drive straight thru, the Atlanta bypass is a LONG way around, that is a big city.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:35:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We're not leaving until this coming weekend. Just trying to get a game plan together.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top