Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2017 6:18:02 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy a Ruger LCR in .327 Fed. Yes, it is on the roster, so thats not the issue.

There's no LGS with one on the shelf, so I have to buy online. Thing is I've never bought a gun online so I don't know what the exact process is. Do I need to discuss this with the receiving FFL before buying? Or can I just notify them there's a gun on the way after I purchase it? Anything special to do if the handgun is being shipped to the FFL from out of state?

I know people are going to say "ask your FFL this stuff" but I called them today to try to do that but the moron answering the phone was . Its a pawn shop so... 

Posted this here 'cause this is state is all kinds of fucky about the law and I wanted to avoid GDs shit.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Do I need to discuss this with the receiving FFL before buying?

I wouldn't do it any other way.  

Anything special to do if the handgun is being shipped to the FFL from out of state?

Let the seller and the FFL worry about that.  The FFL will need to send a copy of his license to the seller, anyway.

I know people are going to say "ask your FFL this stuff" but I called them today to try to do that but the moron answering the phone was . Its a pawn shop so... 

So,... get a different FFL.  Go to Turner's or other sporting goods store that sells firearms.  They'll do the transfer and handle the other paperwork (NICS, safety cert,...).
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

So,... get a different FFL.  Go to Turner's or other sporting goods store that sells firearms.  They'll do the transfer and handle the other paperwork (NICS, safety cert,...).
View Quote
I know there's better places, but not everyone lives in a city. Or anywhere near a Turners or anything like that. To go to a different FFL likely means a several hour drive for me. My town is small and pretty dead when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I may end up going somewhere else, just depends on if I can get the pawn shop to cooperate or not. I probably can, I'll just have to go down there and deal with them face to face and see if I can talk to someone who knows what they're doing. 

I made this thread while I was a little ticked. Dealing with whoever it was that answered the phone at the shop today was... a less than stellar experience. I imagine the guy looked something like .  Thats just the type they hire there. 
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I know there's better places, but not everyone lives in a city. Or anywhere near a Turners or anything like that. To go to a different FFL likely means a several hour drive for me. My town is small and pretty dead when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I may end up going somewhere else, just depends on if I can get the pawn shop to cooperate or not. I probably can, I'll just have to go down there and deal with them face to face and see if I can talk to someone who knows what they're doing. 

I made this thread while I was a little ticked. Dealing with whoever it was that answered the phone at the shop today was... a less than stellar experience. I imagine the guy looked something like .  Thats just the type they hire there. 
View Quote
Sounds like the area could use a new FFL . . . . . .looking for a part time side job
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sounds like the area could use a new FFL . . . . . .looking for a part time side job
View Quote
You wanna move all the way from Texas to a shithole, dying town in Cali for a part time "side job"?  You sure about that idea?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You wanna move all the way from Texas to a shithole, dying town in Cali for a part time "side job"?  You sure about that idea?  
View Quote
Wow . . . . . . . That was pointed towards you.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok. Not sure what you mean.  You saying should become an FFL here? 

Not being a dick, but clarity of writing is important. I have no idea what you're trying to get across. 

EDIT: You do realise which sub-forum you're in, right?  This is the California home town forum. I live in California. You're user info says you live in Texas. You get why I'm confused here?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top