Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2016 10:10:21 PM EDT
there is a new pro gun website and petition and need ca. voters to sign to repeal the latest gun laws please go to www.vetogunmageddon.org and find the closest petition to sign so we can fight these ridiculous gun laws
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep up the fight guys/gals!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:44:17 AM EDT
[#2]
fyi, the petitions are being stocked and delivered so there are no places shown just yet... they'll start popping up soon i assume..
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep spreading the word! Also, this thread here has a discussion going...
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 1:53:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm from Texas and am in Orange County working contract for a few months.  Is residency a requirement to sign?  I have the time and am HIGHLY motivated to help you guys!!!!

ETA:  Anyone up for taking a guy from out of town, staying in Huntington Beach, to their favorite range for a few hours?   My treat.  Brought a couple of capacity compliant Glocks and a Sig with me in hopes of shooting a bit while I was here.  PM me if you are interested.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 4:46:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm from Texas and am in Orange County working contract for a few months.  Is residency a requirement to sign?  I have the time and am HIGHLY motivated to help you guys!!!!

ETA:  Anyone up for taking a guy from out of town, staying in Huntington Beach, to their favorite range for a few hours?   My treat.  Brought a couple of capacity compliant Glocks and a Sig with me in hopes of shooting a bit while I was here.  PM me if you are interested.  

View Quote

You have to be a registered CA voter to sign or gather signatures, but you can donate to the Veto Gunmaggedon group.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I've registered already, just waiting for the petitions to show up.
Hell, if they put a petition in every gun store in CA and ask each buyer to sign, this may actually work with all the gun sales lately.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've registered already, just waiting for the petitions to show up.
Hell, if they put a petition in every gun store in CA and ask each buyer to sign, this may actually work with all the gun sales lately.
View Quote

I would say at most 1/3 of people I talked to signed.  The percentage of the whole number of people going in or out was even less.  A lot of people have no interest and a handful even said they were fine with the laws.  But still, I do think gun stores will be some of the best places.  I'm sure my percentage would have been lower at Wal Mart or someplace like that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Come down to Turner's in West Covina and sign.  I'll be there from around 3-5PM this afternoon.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#10]
NRA-ILA just sent me an email about the VetoGunmaggedon petition movement. Great to see them getting the word out...
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Signed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#12]

I signed at Turners South Bay.  And I tried to buy a Springfield loaded 1911, but they didn't have any...

Oddly enough I also tried to sign at the LAX Range, but one of the guys working the counter there said he couldn't/wouldn't administer the petition because he was not properly trained on administration of a petition.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:52:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, we're still lacking in volunteer staffing. A lot of the gun stores with no volunteers are making huge mistakes that could cost us.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:05:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Oddly enough I also tried to sign at the LAX Range, but one of the guys working the counter there said he couldn't/wouldn't administer the petition because he was not properly trained on administration of a petition.
View Quote

Send your friends/family to LAX tomorrow. I will be there till 3 and someone else till closing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Signed them yesterday, though considering CA.gov's track record of "invalidating" pro-liberty initiatives/recalls in the crib, I don't expect any amount of our valid signatures, even 200 million, will be deemed "enough" to qualify for the ballot. Even if they let them onto the ballot under the pretense that totalitarianism can be beaten with pen & paper, non-Democrat votes aren't 100% counted in the Criminals' Utopia of California.

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 4:39:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeah, we're still lacking in volunteer staffing. A lot of the gun stores with no volunteers are making huge mistakes that could cost us.
View Quote

What mistakes??
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What mistakes??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What mistakes??

Not insuring the petitions are filled out correctly, signers are registered to vote, etc.

It takes a volunteer dedicated to manning the signing locations to watch over everything and make sure it's done 100% correctly.
The store and range employees cannot take the time to do this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#18]
The wife and I filled out the ones at Bass Pro on Sunday.

John
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I took the wife to SoCal Gun in San Diego and we signed there. I like that place because of all the older guns.

ARs are great tools but the classic stuff is more interesting to look at.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Is the intent for this election cycle or 2018?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:40:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Next statewide election after November. Probably 2018, could potentially be 2017 if there's a special election. Laws would be put on hold until after the results are certified.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Next statewide election after November. Probably 2018, could potentially be 2017 if there's a special election. Laws would be put on hold until after the results are certified.
View Quote

That's good. Dems tend to not turn out in mid terms.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I signed yesterday.  I really hope we have a chance
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I signed yesterday.  I really hope we have a chance
View Quote

No way, because I just signed 9 petitions yesterday!

Finally got to see a Shield and a CW9, along with the micro-stamp reality

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#25]
EVERYONE REGISTERED TO VOTE HERE IN CA.....PLEASE SIGN THE 7 PETITIONS TO PRESERVE OUR RIGHTS HERE IN CA.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:14:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Signed up at Turner's last week.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Signed them today. Probably just a few hours before its done, phew!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Apparent results thus far. Not sure of the accuracy...
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#29]
I've decided, with authorization from above, to keep collecting at my location until the very end, so if you for some reason have not already signed, come down to Turner's West Covina Tuesday or Wednesday.  Once business ends on Wednesday there will be nowhere to sign anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Those numbers better be really old, or we're screwed

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're nowhere near caught up on counting yet, especially in the big counties.  Still woefully short on volunteers.  I forget if it was Riverside or Orange County, but when they stopped collecting and started their first counting session, aside from the county hub captain only one person showed up to count.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like we failed to get enough signatures. Pretty sad and pathetic considering there are roughly 8 million gun owners in CA. We deserve everything that's coming to us unfortunately. Thanks to those of us who went out and signed, but this is just unacceptable.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Looks like we failed to get enough signatures. Pretty sad and pathetic considering there are roughly 8 million gun owners in CA. We deserve everything that's coming to us unfortunately. Thanks to those of us who went out and signed, but this is just unacceptable.
View Quote

How many slaps to the face can a man take?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top