Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2016 7:45:33 PM EDT
Since I'm now "going Monsterman" (so as to not have to register)
anyone have ideas on what muzzle brake to install?

I have two uppers that need new "muzzle devices".

Looking at:

CMMG

ALG Tactical (with canards)

Midwest Industries (Two chamber brake)
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:08:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any experience with those but I can't say enough good things about my Surefire MB556K
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have any experience with those but I can't say enough good things about my Surefire MB556K
View Quote

I take it that you have a suppressor that screws on?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the intended use for this featureless AR?

Some comps are great brakes, but can be loud.  Also, are you going less than 16 inches?  I ask because I built up a 14.5 featureless middy and the brake and permanent installation adds to the cost.   Plus with a permanent install, better be 100% on the brake choice.

For range shooting and general "plinking" any brake will do.  The side chamber brakes are probably the best for this, but they are also loud.  As in they blast the noise to your side and onto the shooters next to you.  For these type of brakes, I like the Smith Enterprise "Good Iron".  

For general use and possible "home defense" I went with the Spike's Dynacomp on my featureless.  Its a good brake and not overly noisy.  A few other decent breaks in this category would be the Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake and Yankee Hill "Compensator".  

Some helpful reading:
https://sites.google.com/site/featurelessrifleguide/muzzle-devices

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the intended use for this featureless AR?

Some comps are great brakes, but can be loud.  Also, are you going less than 16 inches?  I ask because I built up a 14.5 featureless middy and the brake and permanent installation adds to the cost.   Plus with a permanent install, better be 100% on the brake choice.

For range shooting and general "plinking" any brake will do.  The side chamber brakes are probably the best for this, but they are also loud.  As in they blast the noise to your side and onto the shooters next to you.  For these type of brakes, I like the Smith Enterprise "Good Iron".  

For general use and possible "home defense" I went with the Spike's Dynacomp on my featureless.  Its a good brake and not overly noisy.  A few other decent breaks in this category would be the Troy Medieval Muzzle Brake and Yankee Hill "Compensator".  

Some helpful reading:
https://sites.google.com/site/featurelessrifleguide/muzzle-devices

View Quote

My "featureless" rifle will be my 18" barreled upper for shooting off the bench.

I figured that breaking the rifle open (as in BulletButton V2.0) would be a major
hassle when I plan to shoot 100-200 rounds "off the bench".

I also have a 16" Mid-length upper that I'd like to also shoot with that particular
lower.

(I went with the ALG Tactical for that upper, just to make it featureless)

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Lantac Dragon
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Been using a Precision Armament M4-72 on my 3gun rifle. Works very well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top