Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2016 11:18:05 AM EDT
As I understand unloaded open carry is still allowed in unincorporated areas. I've also learned that in some national forests it has now effectively banned. Which ones are still good to go? Or am I wrong about this?
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
No one?
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:43:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump for the curious
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#3]
will you be hunting or fishing?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:32:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't you just buy a hunting license so that you are always hunting squirrels or something with your loaded pistol in a holster?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 6:00:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Unloaded open carry is banned except in places where you can open carry a loaded weapon, so why bother if you're in one of the latter places?  You'd have to be in a part of the National Forest land where it is not unlawful to discharge a firearm.  I know they make BLM maps that show such areas (including shotgun only areas); not sure that anything like that exists for the NF.  There used to be several areas that were designated for shooting in my area, but just about all of them have been closed off to shooting over the last couple of decades.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want to open carry, it'd probably be easiest to just buy a hunting license. Since Coyotes only require the license and not any special tags, you could kill two bird with one stone by carrying a rifle (legally) and being allowed to take any coyotes that might cause you problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top