Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 4:21:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No idea what it's called if you're talking about the spot off Ft Irwin road.

There's a BLM info sign just off the road there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Checking in from Oceanside.

If it's going to be SoSoCal the fish creek area in Anza borrego state park could take care of the 4 wheeling and camping and there's BLM land just outside the park east of the gypsum mine and split mountain road for shooting.

There's also a decent camping/shooting spot on BLM land off Ft Irwin road up by Barstow.

Calico Meadows?

No idea what it's called if you're talking about the spot off Ft Irwin road.

There's a BLM info sign just off the road there.

Yeah, I know the road.  I go 2-3 miles down the road into a valley and there are smaller valleys you can shoot down and an abandoned mine that is pretty cool and a large flat area big enough for a couple hundred people or more to camp.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 12:05:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Jawbone isn't the best place to host a large group of shooters. Not to mention if you plan on shooting any kind of distance.

With people riding around on bikes, quads, four wheelers... how you're going to keep them from crossing into the area set up as a range will be challenging.

Over by Ridgecrest is plenty of open space for shooting and hosting large numbers of shooters. If this is going to happen, one or two people need to take charge and set a date and place. From there everyone will have to adjust their schedule to go.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2016 12:07:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to make it, it will be a long drive.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top