Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2015 12:25:15 AM EDT
What is the news? I was at a Costco in AZ and they had beautiful looking whole crabs for sale.

Any word?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#1]
As in does it taste good?

Yes, they are delicious.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
So they lifted the temporary closure?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 11:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Still closed in CA. Should be at least a couple more weeks I would think. I went on a party boat the other day that was originally scheduled for crab and bottom fishing. According to the captain on the boat, the danger from the domoic acid in the crabs is grossly overstated. Over half of the scheduled people on that trip cancelled their reservations. The party boat guys are hurting from the lost business, but the light loads make for easier fishing on the boats. We caught easy limits of lingcod and some nice rockfish. Hopefully the crab season gets fired up soon. the delay sucks since there's no fresh crab available, but it should help some in that when they do open it up, the crabs should nice and fat.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Still closed on the WA and OR coast but a local native tribe has started crabbing in Grays Harbor.

Um......no thanks...................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top