Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2015 2:04:55 AM EDT
Im at Camp Roberts right now. Any other arfcommers here?
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
are you doing your AT or just a weekend drill ? talcum powder dirt and 100 degree heat  i don't miss that place
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#2]
AT.

Better barracks. Not the delapitated WW2 jobs. Chow, well, thats hit or miss. Temps lower then AZ here, thats a plus.

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AT.

Better barracks. Not the delapitated WW2 jobs. Chow, well, thats hit or miss. Temps lower then AZ here, thats a plus.

View Quote

Most of those WW2 barracks were actually WW1 barracks.  My Dad went to Boot Camp there in one in 43, and they were falling apart even then.  His last AT as a LTC in 67, he was in the barracks next to the one he had been in for Boot Camp.  The Squad Bays had been converted to two person rooms.  Majors and up got singles, Captains and down got doubled.  He used to point them out as we drove by on 101
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 3:35:09 AM EDT
[#4]
There are only three good things to do at Camp Bob.  One of them is RVTT.  Go practice your individual, crew and collective battle drills in GTA: Baghdad.  Best virtual training system available between there and FHL.

IM me if you need a POC or the TADDS manager.

The other two things are pig hunting and the demo ranges.

Drink water.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been there.  It sucks.  Go AWOL to Paso Robles for a night if you can.  Nice food and decent bars.  Good crowd as well.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 5:08:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've been there.  It sucks.  Go AWOL to Paso Robles for a night if you can.  Nice food and decent bars.  Good crowd as well.
View Quote

Good luck with that, unless you have a POV handy.  But Saber is right, pretty good eats and smoke shops in Paso.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good luck with that, unless you have a POV handy.  But Saber is right, pretty good eats and smoke shops in Paso.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah odds are he doesnt have a rental car or GSA like I did when I was there
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#8]
So your one of the guys making noise huh? Good on ya! Hope you didn't get too wet today! I live right between Bob and Liggett, get to listen in on the fun all the time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our tax dollars at work...funding your food, tobacco and sex filled romps through the 805...  I approve.   The food between SLO and Monterey is top notch.  Smoke shops and wine there is pretty darn good too.  The warm weather brings out the local college age cuties and MILFs alike.  

Enjoy the consolidated mess, MRE's and hard water, if you can't get off campus.  War is hell.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So your one of the guys making noise huh? Good on ya! Hope you didn't get too wet today! I live right between Bob and Liggett, get to listen in on the fun all the time.
View Quote

Aspp...Do you get to wade in to Lake Nacimento at all?  It's pretty shallow, from the drought-or so I hear.  Oh... the distant and fond memories of road marching from Ord to FHL, then FHL to Bob.  Catching the occasional glimpse of sun tanned bikini girls on pleasure craft, was a highlight.

So much quail and feral piggies, taunting me...game rich environment too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Im at Camp Roberts right now. Any other arfcommers here?
View Quote

I'm a contractor supporting NSW. Fortunately in a hotel in Paso Robles.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:55:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
AT.

View Quote

I was there for two weeks in the summer of 2005 and the barracks we stayed at were old as shit. They were towards the southern end.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top