Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2015 3:56:15 PM EDT
Keep getting email adds from Rainer Arms for their ambi billet lowers. They are overly priced and unnecessary IMO but the thought came to mind, are they even legal here with the ambi mag release?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure Thorsdon makes a CA legal ambi setup.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh and to your question, if you can drop a mag without a tool it's illegal unless it's on a featureless.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not familiar with those lowers.

Ambidextrous magazine release or safety?

I run ambidextrous safeties on most of my rifles.

I did see an ambidextrous bullet-button that required some lower modification to work.
View Quote

Found it. LINK
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The thing I do not understand is what's the difference between the two Thordsen mag locks - UBMR and UBML?

I've wanted to buy the installation jigs and mag lock mechanisms but, honestly, I'm not sure which to order.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The thing I do not understand is what's the difference between the two Thordsen mag locks - UBMR and UBML?

I've wanted to buy the installation jigs and mag lock mechanisms but, honestly, I'm not sure which to order.
View Quote

UBML is for bullet button rifles, UBMR is for normal rifles
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea they're legal. Three ways to do it.
1) Use it with a rimfire upper. LIke a spikes, cmmg, etc with a 22 upper and you can use the lower as is
2) Bullet buttoned - bullet button required and usually they disable the ambi mag release feature. Ive seen them do it on lots of other ambi lowers with dual mag releases.
3) Featureless - Pin the collapsing stock (no idea how you would on the wire stock but there's always a way) and then put a  grip wrap around the pistol grip. Yea it's horrible but hey, i did it for a scar heavy, a XCR-m, and others. This allows you to retain all ambi features, which is actually benefical for a grip wrap. Mag release, selector, and bolt release all on both sides! And you can use your 30 rounders as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top