Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2015 3:57:46 PM EDT
I am now offering hot foam cutting for your Pelican, Storm, Hardigg, etc to the firearms community in the SF Bay Area starting 4/24/2015. I've been doing this occasionally for friends and family with great results. I will not work with pluck and pull foam - only solid foam. Open cell foam is what I've always worked with but if you have closed cell foam we can discuss options. My equipment is currently being upgraded to a Rene wire setup to accommodate for the expected higher volume of work hence the wait until 4/24.

MY WORK IS GUARANTEED TO FIT YOUR OBJECTS SO LONG AS I MAKE THE TEMPLATES MYSELF OR CAN VERIFY THAT YOUR TEMPLATES ARE GOOD.

What you need to send me for a quote: Steps 1 and 2

Step 1: Choose Location

> Option 1: You will need to supply a template cutout of all objects you require to be cut on posterboard, drop off the foam and templates in Mountain View, and pick up on an agreed upon date. NO FIREARMS WILL BE LEFT WITH ME Verification of templates can be done if you bring firearms or objects.

> Option 2: At your home in a well ventilated area such as an open garage or backyard. With this option I can create or verify templates at your home granted you give me access to the firearms and objects that are being cut. (What times work for you?) If requesting a quote please send your general location or landmark near you. Travel charge will apply for locations that are not in these towns/cities: Los Altos, Sunnyvale, Mountain View $10-15

Step 2: What needs to be cut?

I require a minimum of 1 inch from the edge of the foam and from object to object. This isn't for my benefit but for the protection of what is going in the cases and the standards that I work with.

> Provide model of case
i.e. Pelican 1720

> Provide description and quantity of objects
i.e. (1) AR-15, (5) PMAGs, (1) Glock 17

Step 3: We meet for foam cutting

> Drop off or I go to your residence

> Placement of objects in case will be hashed out when we meet and final configuration will be agreed upon, drawn, and signed. There is no changing your mind on the configuration if a major cut-out is made and will not accommodate the design change.

Step 4: Pick-up

> Test fitment - if adjustments are necessary I will do it free of charge if I made or verified the template.

Price List
Complete rifle (includes mag in gun and optics and accessories) - $50/ea
Upper receiver (includes optics and accessories) - $30/ea
Handgun - $25/ea
Rifle and pistol magazines - $10/ea
Separate optics or accessories - varies upon complexity
Small basic geometric shapes i.e. square, circle - $5/ea
Template creation - $15 for small handgun cases, $25 for full rifle cases
Travel charge - Dependent on how far you live
>> If you require me work on the bottom or top layer to get a 3D cutout we can discuss price. The prices above are to just work with the center layer.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Incorporate and get insurance if you want to be in any aspect of the firearms industry.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#2]
This belongs in EE
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 2:06:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you do hot wire foam core wings for RC planes/jets?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top