Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2015 10:25:46 AM EDT
I read through the tacked thread and didn't see this specific example, but I probably already know the answer:

If I am visiting CA from AZ and have my legally possessed handgun with me, can I take it to a CA dealer and transfer it to my friend who lives there?  The specific example would be a Glock 21 or 17, frame only, no mags.

Or, do I need to do the ship it from my state to a dealer?  Is dealer to dealer a requirement now?  

I know these laws seem to change daily.  I was surprised to see that ammo in a side saddle no longer means your gun is loaded.  

Thanks, and sorry if this is a dupe. My searching time is a bit limited.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm 99% sure you can just meet at his local FFL.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:53:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Unsure whether it would fall under a PPT exemption, since it's an out of state seller with in-state buyer (face to face or not). Last I saw (been a couple years) the DROS system does not allow an out of state DL/ID to be entered as the seller, and the sale would be handled like a dealer sale. If that still holds true, then the roster comes into play, and a frame-only doesn't meet the criteria.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top