Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2015 11:28:25 AM EDT
Am I good to go with valid CCW permit in my state ?
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
No, your out of State CCW permit is not valid in Calfornia (no reciprocity).

Do not bring any magazines that hold more than ten rounds (rifle or handgun).

If you bring a handgun when you come, be sure you have a small locked container for it.  You will need that to transport the handgun in your vehicle.  It has to be unloaded and in a locked container while in your motor vehicle.  Do not transport it in the glove box or utility compartment in the passenger area.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you bring a handgun when you come, be sure you have a small locked container for it.  You will need that to transport the handgun in your vehicle.  It has to be unloaded and in a locked container while in your motor vehicle.  Do not transport it in the glove box or utility compartment in the passenger area.
View Quote

K.  Thanks for the reply.

I'll bring a brick instead.  Much less hassle and just as effective as an unloaded pistol.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#3]
brick is good for now I think....
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

interesting point, when the transport law was changed, I've been having a helova time trying to find a mil or LE exemption, I really don't think there's any!
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, a brick, carried concealed on your person and carried for the purpose of self defense is also a felony for carrying a concealed weapon.  They also "print" badly.  

It is okay to open-carry a brick,... for now, but I haven't yet found a decent brick holster with level III retention.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:52:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just stay home.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Just stay home.

Quoted:
I'll bring a brick instead.  Much less hassle and just as effective as an unloaded pistol.

Bad things sometimes happen to good people, but that hasn't stopped me from traveling the world.

An armed society is a polite and mature society Paul.

Thanks for the info Folks. [cheers]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:01:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More effective, heavier and can have relatively "sharp" edges
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Reciprocity
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#11]
comparing something which can be controlled by Man vs. something which can't....

Oh well.  You're 'Staff' so...

You're right, I suppose.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top