Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 8:21:28 PM EDT
I am moving to CA and plan to bring 5 of my handguns with me.  They will be in a TSA approved locked case in my checked baggage, none of the magazines are over 10 rounds, and I will have 3 small boxes of ammo in their factory boxes ing the same case.  It seams as though I just declare them and fill out the form when checking in, but are there any concerns on the California side that I should be aware of?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]
be prepared for TSA and LEO to NOT know the law.  All handguns must be registered within 60 days.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep them unloaded and locked in the case until you arrive at your residence.  No 10+ round magazines.

Red the stickies at the top, they are accurate.  I've never run into an LEO that didn't know the law.  Then again I haven't had enough encounters to be deemed an expert by personal experience.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]
What Paul said, you usually deal with TSA going through your bag when you check it. Each airport is different.

Other than that it comes off the plane just like any other luggage. Unless you get flagged for some reason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top