Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2014 7:52:32 PM EDT
I know this is a little late, but many shops are still open here in CA.

Because of the 10-day waiting period, this is the last day to purchase firearms which are single-shot exempt, and it is the last day to purchase firearms without the new "firearm safety certificate" requirement.

If you purchase a single-shot exempt gun today, you must pick it up on December 31st.

If you purchase any gun today, including a stripped lower, you can pick it up on December 31st as usual, or in 2015 after completing a test and paying a fee for the new FSC.

I was reminded of this while purchasing a stripped lower today, and figured I'd give a heads up in case anyone wants to do some last minute shopping.

On the bright side, more counties are starting to issue CCW permits due to the outcome of the Peruta v. San Diego case, and the 10-day waiting period is soon to be history.

ETA: NorCalRT mentioned that some stores will do single-shot exempt sales up until the 31st, while others require pick-up by the 31st.  Depending on your LGS, this may be your last day.

Also, if your LGS is open on Sunday, you still have a day.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Some store's are doing SSE sales up till the 31st while others are requiring pickup by the 31st.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:33:41 AM EDT
[#3]
What does single shot exempt entail? In layman's terms, if possible
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:05:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What does single shot exempt entail? In layman's terms, if possible
View Quote

Basically taking an off roster gun and converting it to a status that makes it exempt from the roster so that it can be sold by a dealer. After you pick it up, you convert it back to original and you now have a off roster pistol.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#5]
CCW was an exemption from the HSC, does it still work for the FSC?  I looked and couldn't find much of anything at all on the FSC.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, Paul--do you know if us retired sea dogs are still exempt from the HSC/FSC nonsense?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I got my firearm safety certificate. I laughed. But another Sig to be had.  Going to have to take the time for ccw.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:00:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CCW was an exemption from the HSC, does it still work for the FSC?  I looked and couldn't find much of anything at all on the FSC.
View Quote

CCW is an approved exemption for the FSC.
Here is the list of approved exemptions right now. X25 - Honorably Retired is still being defined as they have told me. I was told by DOJ that medical retired does not count at the moment.

X01=Special Weapons Permit Holder
X02=Operation of Law Representative
X03 = Handgun being returned to the owner
X13 = FFL collector with COE (curio and relic handguns only)
X21 = Military - Active Duty
X22 = Military - Reserve
X25 = Military - Honorably Retired
X31 = Peace Officer - California - Active
X32 = Peace Officer - Federal - Active
X33 = Peace Officer - California - Honorably Retired
X34 = Peace Officer - California - Reserve
X35 = Peace Officer - Federal - Honorably Retired
X41 = Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) Permit Holder
X81 = P.O.S.T. 832 PC (Firearms) Training
X91 = Particular and Limited Authority Peace Officers
X95 = Law Enforcement Service Gun to Family Member
X98=Valid Hunting License (long guns only)
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for that, Snorkel_Bob!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top