BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 8:39:40 PM EDT
I went from this for work

To this

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Gas is going up "an undisclosed amount" January 1st. I think that car is a good idea. No hate from me. Smart thinking.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gas is going up "an undisclosed amount" January 1st. I think that car is a good idea. No hate from me. Smart thinking.
View Quote

Thanks , my fuel bill was running $1300 a month.

I traded in my wife's BMW and sold the FJ .

It's a win win and I put $300 hard cash A month back in my pocket.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Everything fits I just need to build a tool rack

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a news report today that the USA is moving to be the world's largest oil producer, exceeding even Saudi Arabia.  We also have a huge refining capacity.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There was a news report today that the USA is moving to be the world's largest oil producer, exceeding even Saudi Arabia.  We also have a huge refining capacity.
View Quote

Yeah that doesn't mean shit here in the land of libtards.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought I knew you... A Prius...?!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:46:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

55mpg that's my story and I'm sticking with it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:57:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

As bad as it will hurt I just cannot part with my 9mpg city 95 Cobra and 14mpg city 05 GT.

I feel sorry for the OP.   Prius is the most gender ambiguous car I have ever seen, like It's Pat from Saturday Night Live.  

OP just promise us if you are using the fast lane you will be moving with the flow of traffic.   If not, try the other lanes to allow others to pass.   This comes after a weekend trip from down south with no fewer than 4 prius occupying the fast lane as if it is their own lane to experiment with hyper miling.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:29:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:32:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:06:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There's a big CA tax coming January.
View Quote

Yup.   At 40-80 cents per gallon I hope it destroys the dems.

But my new enjoyment in life is renewed love for cars.    Shooting just doesnt bring me the joy it did 10-20 years ago.    So smiles per mile or smiles to the gallon.

And the simple truth of the matter is another 20bucks to fill up brings me more joy than if i put 20 bucks out the muzzle of a gun.
And pissing off the environtards with a couple tire shredding V8s gives me even more joy.    The 95 has a 331 stroker being built and hopefully going blown on the 05 next year.  Screw brown and his owls ass kissing hipster train loving chronies.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

As bad as it will hurt I just cannot part with my 9mpg city 95 Cobra and 14mpg city 05 GT.

I feel sorry for the OP.   Prius is the most gender ambiguous car I have ever seen, like It's Pat from Saturday Night Live.  

OP just promise us if you are using the fast lane you will be moving with the flow of traffic.   If not, try the other lanes to allow others to pass.   This comes after a weekend trip from down south with no fewer than 4 prius occupying the fast lane as if it is their own lane to experiment with hyper miling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After driving yesterday I have to say its comfortable and rides great and has tons of power to get down the road.

My Prius didn't come with the pretentious ass package  so I won't be ridding the fast lane .
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I've been considering a Prius also. 50 mile commute one way will make you do such things.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

A co-worker told me about this, he says it can go as high as over an extra dollar a gallon. Libs really screwed up a great state.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#15]
OP,  you need bumper stickers.  

One that says "visualize whirled peas," another saying "I love animals, they are delicious, " and this one:
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Never realized there were so many brothers in the Bay Area.  Need to start checking these things before I purchase trade services in the future.

Prius are surprisingly fast and handle very well.  I have watched them do autocross and smoke cars with a lot more power.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've been considering a Prius also. 50 mile commute one way will make you do such things.
View Quote

Consider hybrid ford fusion.

Friend has one and is averaging 38+ combined for city.   Goes 40+ for highway and is a damn good looking car.

I dont hate hybrids, just the prius and its souless shape combined with behaviors of average prius drivers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Friend has one and is averaging 38+ combined for city.   Goes 40+ for highway and is a damn good looking car.

I dont hate hybrids, just the prius and its souless shape combined with behaviors of average prius drivers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or the Volkswagen with the TDI engine.  My wifes Passat gets 40+ on the highway depending on speed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

One that says "visualize whirled peas," another saying "I love animals, they are delicious, " and this one: http://www.stonerarms.com/catalog/images/coexist-firearm-gun-manufacturer-logo-sticker.jpg?osCsid=db506526c3ff468a7bb07548b8298f47
View Quote

Love it

I drove 524 miles on 9 gallons of gas  

Hell yeah
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ford hybrids sys was Toyotas gen 1 sys .
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#21]
My commute is about 125 miles round trip.

55+ MPG highway
52+ MPG combined
Lots of Smiles per Gallon

(Disclaimer: It doesn't hold a lot of tools.)
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Double Tap.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

My commute is about 125 miles round trip.

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad259/Gyrene84/IMAG1449_zps1145276c.jpg

55+ MPG highway

52+ MPG combined

Lots of Smiles per Gallon

(Disclaimer: It doesn't hold a lot of tools.)
View Quote

I'm not brave (or stupid) enough to ride a motorcycle up and down the Cajon Pass everyday.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#24]
That's better

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I like to use people miles per gallon.

I have a Tahoe, if I drive to Vegas at about 70 mph, I get about 22 mpg.  (I need to inflate the tires up a few psi).  If I carry 5 people, thats 110 people miles per gallon.  So a 2 seater needs to make 3 trips to get 5 people there, or if it is a strictly battery car, it can't get there.  So in my case a Tahoe makes sense.

As a commuter, it's overkill.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Uggg.

Your prius reminds me I have a dent in my 05GT rear fender.    Had rifle slide across trunk and bang muzzle first into the inner side of sheet metal.    Now have a puffy nipple sized dent protruding outwards.     Was able to hammer/dolly it back slightly but it is still there.

Hate your prius even more now even if it could transport the bearer of repairs to my 05.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I like to use people miles per gallon.

I have a Tahoe, if I drive to Vegas at about 70 mph, I get about 22 mpg.  (I need to inflate the tires up a few psi).  If I carry 5 people, thats 110 people miles per gallon.  So a 2 seater needs to make 3 trips to get 5 people there, or if it is a strictly battery car, it can't get there.  So in my case a Tahoe makes sense.

As a commuter, it's overkill.
View Quote

That's common core math
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Uggg.

Your prius reminds me I have a dent in my 05GT rear fender.    Had rifle slide across trunk and bang muzzle first into the inner side of sheet metal.    Now have a puffy nipple sized dent protruding outwards.     Was able to hammer/dolly it back slightly but it is still there.

Hate your prius even more now even if it could transport the bearer of repairs to my 05.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Uggg.

You know I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess your a closet Prius lover.  

It's ok I get it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I have to say I'm lovin this car.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#30]
What tax in Jan - apparently I'm living under a rock?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:42:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Estimates are another .30 - $1.20 a gallon.

I laughed when one of the state legislators was bragging about it being "only" 30 cents a gallon. Something tells me his bank account is loaded.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:45:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

But my new enjoyment in life is renewed love for cars.    Shooting just doesnt bring me the joy it did 10-20 years ago.    So smiles per mile or smiles to the gallon.

And the simple truth of the matter is another 20bucks to fill up brings me more joy than if i put 20 bucks out the muzzle of a gun.
And pissing off the environtards with a couple tire shredding V8s gives me even more joy.    The 95 has a 331 stroker being built and hopefully going blown on the 05 next year.  Screw brown and his owls ass kissing hipster train loving chronies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The same state legislator mentioned in my last post said that he's not worried because he knows everybody will blame the oil companies. A not-so-rare glimpse at the contempt California's politicians have for the people of California.

I wish I caught his name, but only heard part of the interview.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:46:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

One that says "visualize whirled peas," another saying "I love animals, they are delicious, " and this one: http://www.stonerarms.com/catalog/images/coexist-firearm-gun-manufacturer-logo-sticker.jpg?osCsid=db506526c3ff468a7bb07548b8298f47
View Quote

Somebody posted a picture of a sticker on a Prius that said "Not a liberal". Might have been in the "You laugh you lose" thread.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:50:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cap and Trade for Fuels

Being implemented by CARB

What does the cap do? The cap will steadily reduce the total emissions from cars and trucks using gasoline and diesel in California. The cap places a hard limit on how much gasoline and diesel can be sold. If robust economic growth occurs, the cap could prevent the sale of gasoline and diesel, even if demand calls for more gasoline and diesel consumption.

Libtards suck donkey balls
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Cap and Trade for Fuels

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cap and Trade for Fuels

What does the cap do? The cap will steadily reduce the total emissions from cars and trucks using gasoline and diesel in California. The cap places a hard limit on how much gasoline and diesel can be sold. If robust economic growth occurs, the cap could prevent the sale of gasoline and diesel, even if demand calls for more gasoline and diesel consumption.

If Ca economy takes off and creates even more demand?   WTF kind of stupid fantasy hypothetical is that even a possibility after deliberately knee caping the economy?

So drive out of state and fill up a 55gallon drum with gasoline once a month...

Works for me just fine.

Fuck these idiots.  This is the kind of crap that makes me want to retrieve my tires when i buy new ones so I can bring them home to deliberately burn them.   Clean air my ass.   Bunch of money grubbing special interest tyoes wanting to exploit an issue for all the money they can.

They realize that the 40mpg cars are using less fuel so there is less revenue coming in.   Everyone was thinking the registration fees would be mileage based to give more taxes based on miles driven.   Guess they want to tax fuel even more to off set people using less.

I simply dont care about air quality anymore.   Not when it leads to rediculous run away inflation.   California is on a runaway course and I suppose the only delight I can take is having a front row to seeing it go down the shitter.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:30:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My two get 13.5 mpg.

I'm looking at trading them both in and get a Jeep Wranger Unlimited (more 4x4 ability) and something like a small BMW as a daily driver/long distance runner.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/NissanPairFallDayToo.jpg
View Quote

Dang. I get 15 towing this 10,000 lbs generator and 20-22 MPG unloaded with 500 hp and 950 lbs torque.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:34:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know... But a Prius? Wouldn't a TDI get enough milage and not look like a yella bellied liberal driving around town?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I know... But a Prius? Wouldn't a TDI get enough milage and not look like a yella bellied liberal driving around town?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oakland dentpro drives one and he says he wished he had gotten a Prius.  
Lots of stop and go plus working on dealership lots
I'm running on a battery.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, fine. We can still be friends. But that doesn't mean I like your car though. If we have to drive anywhere, we are driving my truck. I don't care if diesel is $87 a gallon. I'm not getting in that thing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ok, fine. We can still be friends. But that doesn't mean I like your car though. If we have to drive anywhere, we are driving my truck. I don't care if diesel is $87 a gallon. I'm not getting in that thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#41]

Ok
View Quote

Imma just follow you two just to watch you two either "talking" in the cab of that monster (arms waving, etc.) or to see Click all curled up in passenger seat of Prius pouting and trying not to be seen. You two would be like the Arfcom Odd Couple...

And I'm gonna follow you guys in my 8 cyl. Chevy pickup, throwing $20 bills out the window, just to add to the parade, because "California! Why not?"
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Imma just follow you two just to watch you two either "talking" in the cab of that monster (arms waving, etc.) or to see Click all curled up in passenger seat of Prius pouting and trying not to be seen. You two would be like the Arfcom Odd Couple...

And I'm gonna follow you guys in my 8 cyl. Chevy pickup, throwing $20 bills out the window, just to add to the parade, because "California! Why not?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ok

Fuck it I'll be fallowing you and picking up the $20 bills like a brass whore at the range.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#43]
If you lift up your spare tire cover, there's plenty of room to build a concealed lockable compartment for SHTF gear  With your tools on top, no one would ever suspect anything
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you lift up your spare tire cover, there's plenty of room to build a concealed lockable compartment for SHTF gear  With your tools on top, no one would ever suspect anything
View Quote

Ha already on it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top