Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 2:25:24 PM EDT
I'm planning on picking up a Glock 42 before the end of the year under the SSE. I was browsing my local gun shop and was looking at the G26 and mentioned the 42. The clerk said he read that if you get a gun under the SSE and convert it back to semi auto it will not be eligible to have listed as your concealed carry weapon. Is this true? I know California has many dumb gun control laws but I was unaware of this one. Problem 2 I live in Los Angeles county and it's not any easier yet to get a CCW but I'll have to wait that problem out. The SSE expires at the end of the year so I'm limited on time for this one. I also heard the gun manufacturers are suing California to remove the roster of unapproved guns so that would help out too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes the roster is being challenged in court right now.

There is NO law against using a SSE pistol for CCW, however your issuing sheriff CAN restrict you from having them on your permit.
LA city also has ban preventing FFL's from selling pocket pistols, you should be ok in LA county though.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
clerks at local gun stores generally know dick about gun laws.  i personally carry a SSE firearm, unless the issue sheriff does not allow modified firearms you are good to go. when you purchase an SSE, it is a single shot firearm, what you are doing is modifying the firearm to a semi auto with more than a single shot capacity. this is completely legal because there is not a law saying that you can not modify a firearm you own( unless you are making it into something that IS illegal such as an SBR, Full auto or adding a forward grip to a pistol, etc.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I had a feeling this guy was wrong. When he said this and I turned a questioning eye to the manager I normally deal with he wouldn't confirm the clerks statement.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:19:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I've also been looking into adding an SSE gun to my CCW. From what I've gathered off of Calguns it looks like it depends on the county who issues it. Some don't care but some want the caliber on the paperwork to match the gun. My paperwork for my gen4 19 shows the caliber as 25 ACP so i would need to do some work to get it changed to 9MM if I wanted to add it to my CCW.

If you get your CCW your best bet is to ask if you can do it or not. I'm sure they will know what the SSE is about.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#6]
And i agree with the others about what you hear at gun shows and shops. Take it with a grain of salt. A lot of people still think the cops are going to come & take all my SSE guns because it's illegal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top